Urban Terror Forums: Download map loop - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

Download map loop Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Domeshotz Icon

• Account: domeshotz

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:51 AM

Was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and if so how do I fix it. We have certain maps in our jump server that will have people stuck in a download loop. It will bring up a download for 350kb. It will just keep cycling through that download. It is making it so people can't download the current map and therefore not letting them into the server. Any input on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:01 AM

I have experience this once, though as a client. Thus i simply "fixed" it by downloading the map manually. Or actually copying it over from my local archive... :)

I just assumed that the map on the server was corrupted or such. It may be more than that.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:02 PM

This error can happen if the clients already have a "temp" version of the map file in their Download directory. This is to say that they stopped, at some point, the map download before it finished (by simply pressing escape, leaving the game, or interenet fail), leaving an unfinished download file (tmp).

-> Removing the TMP files in your q3ut4 directory often fixes the loop. None of them are usefull anyways, so if you have any, just clean things up and delete them.

Other times, clients already have a map file with the exact same name in their q3ut4, but, the pk3 they have isn't the exact same one as the server's. DUe to this mismatch, te server will act as if you didn't have the map. Though, your client will check your files and see that you actually have such a file. Thus generate an infinite loop.

-> Deleting the map file (.pk3) from your q3ut4 directory to let the game download it a new time may fix it,

NB: check both your q3ut4 and the download sub-directory when removing the files.

(Rare: an other situation is when the mismatch is between the server's map file and map repo's, linked by the sv_dlURL. Can't think of a fix for that one though other than trying to check that with the server owner)

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942