• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.3 - Gibbing it ! Rate Topic: -----

#22 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:49 PM

Technically you can even built "capture and hold", lets call it domination for less confusion, scenarios with spawn points that can be captured (as opposed to "unlocked" via map progression). Imagine CTF with forward bases and stuff.... :rolleyes:
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#23 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:15 PM

Was a little afraid of it I imagined what might be possible from the things I learned while mapping and see now it is hard to make it pleasing enough in this current engine.

#24 User is offline   Chameleon.hider Icon

Posted 04 September 2016 - 05:01 PM

Hello dear developers,
I just wanted to poke at Freeze gamemode. It will end up like the rest of unused gamemodes this game has - actually it already has been forgotten by community, I haven't seen >10 human players play it since 4.2.
What I have suggested earlier and what I will suggest is take example from old 4.1.1 Freeze mod (I know you don't like mods, they aren't the best thing ever, but please bear with me). The Freeze mod, hosted (and probably developed) by guys called Cloud9, was quite a popular server.

Reason? Fun. Teamplay. Team tactics.
Frozen players could look around (with insane mouse dampening/delay), crouch and they looked a lot more fun with their arms thrown into "surrender" pose. Some players would sin like mad. Others would try make signals at each other.
Thawing other players wasn't some artificial progress bar, it was actual bandaging (which made a bit more sense and made you vulnerable).

Please please please pretty oh please fix this gamemode.
It is the gamemode that has the biggest dependability on team rather than on individual. On maps like Cambridge, whole team would travel across the map in one big group.

Or add ironsights. Your call.

This post has been edited by Chameleon.hider: 04 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

War is hell, that's why "fun over realism".
CoD/Bf/MoH is "let's fake realism and pretend it's fun".

#25 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

While i probably havent played more than 30 minutes of modded 4.1 freeze mode, ill throw my thoughts here as well.

Before doing so, ill make a suggestion of my own:
Turn freezemode into a modifier just like instagib. (maybe make them exclusive, but hey. it would be fun to have both...)

The thawing in 4.2 freeze is different though. if you thaw, you dont get full health back. Health and freezing arent related like they were in 4.1 mods. This way, when thawing someone, you basically still have to heal him, because otherwise he may be back in action, but with that low HP, they wont really get far. IMO this is somewhat a good thing, because this way, its not that punishing if you forget to "redamage" an frozen opponent.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Chameleon.hider Icon

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:22 PM

Hmmm indeed this is a bit of an issue.
But a quick though comes into my mind to save the day!
Players thawed by teammates (or enemy, everything's possible in UrT :D) would have maybe 50, maybe even less health after unfreezing. Bandaging frozen players would give them less health per tick (compared to unfrozen players), so thawing would still take something around 3-9 seconds.
Freeze mode is hard to imagine as a modifier to TeamDeathmatch. But CTF and Bomb would be quite possible and maybe even more fun than just raw Freeze mode.

I might just join the team haha

This post has been edited by Chameleon.hider: 04 September 2016 - 08:24 PM

#27 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:35 PM

View PostChameleon.hider, on 04 September 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

Freeze mode is hard to imagine as a modifier to TeamDeathmatch. But CTF and Bomb would be quite possible and maybe even more fun than just raw Freeze mode.

Well sure. i should have mentioned that it obviously only works on round based gametypes and possibly ctf, even though that would be really strange.

#28 User is offline   Chameleon.hider Icon

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:31 PM

CTF+Freeze could result in so many scenarios.
Both in round start and in Hot Potato someone has to rush enemy base, someone has to guard the enemy flag. And over time, there are less and less players available to do the tasks (like in a really long wave respawn), unless everyone sticks together in teams of 3-5 people. A badly carried out attack would not just put you back into respawn after 5-15 seconds, it would result in a part of team getting stuck in/near enemy base.
I mean, just imagine the old Freeze together with Survivor/CTF/Bomb. 3 more gamemodes out of single gamemode.

Ofc there's a big chance devs don't want to take a long walk around the code just to add some gamemode one or two servers will run. UrT is playable even without it, but I really want to poke at the fact that old Freeze was pretty popular.

This post has been edited by Chameleon.hider: 06 September 2016 - 05:52 PM

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942