Urban Terror Forums: Sound buffer loops and entire system crashes. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sound buffer loops and entire system crashes. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   JerryBeansMan Icon

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:26 AM

I have a recurring bug where the game freezes and the sound buffer loops. The computer becomes completely unresponsive. Virtual terminals are inaccessible. Sometimes it will spontaneously recover, other times the system powers down!

uname -a
Linux ratcastle 4.6.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 11 19:12:32 CEST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

My CPU/GPU is intel i5 3570k with integrated HD 4000 graphics.
Jerry, a bean soldier, believes he is the strongest warrior in the world, but his true abilities are still untested.

#2 User is offline   Lochverstaerker Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:03 PM

What version of the game is this happening on? Some people have/had this happening in the 4.3 RC clients (see here) but I never heard about it in 4.2.

#3 User is offline   JerryBeansMan Icon

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:12 PM

How to check?
I just used UrbanTerror42_full023.zip

I found some references to turning off semaphores in the i915 (intel graphics driver) module.

This post has been edited by JerryBeansMan: 06 August 2016 - 10:13 PM

Jerry, a bean soldier, believes he is the strongest warrior in the world, but his true abilities are still untested.

#4 User is offline   JerryBeansMan Icon

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:54 AM

https://wiki.archlin...th_intel_driver

Added i915.semaphores=1 to boot parameters as suggested here. It has hung and looped the buffer a couple times but recovered quickly.
It's hard to say if this fixed it because it seems to appear randomly - every five minutes to every five hours.

#5 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:49 PM

I had this problem on ubuntu, fix was to remove pulseaudio.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942