• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Introducing Frozensand Games Limited

#11 User is offline   rastablaster Icon

• Account: rastablaster

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:11 PM

make Urban Terror Resurgence pay to pimp. People will gladly pay for some extra bling :).

#13 User is offline   Chameleon.hider Icon

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:16 PM

Transparency, Free => karma++

But it is going to be a hat simulator after all :D

This post has been edited by Chameleon.hider: 26 September 2016 - 08:17 PM

War is hell, that's why "fun over realism".
CoD/Bf/MoH is "let's fake realism and pretend it's fun".

#14 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:42 PM

View PostPilou42, on 22 September 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

Wow.
I did not really understand the content of this post and I assume, but this part is really not clear to me.
FrozenSand Games, Frozensand Games Limited, FrozenSand, Frozen Sand, etc. Is it not the same thing ? I mean the name of a team working on the development of a game ?

Frozen Sand Ltd was a company based in Canada because at the time of the development of 4.1 (and before) they wanted to make sure the assets of the game (maps, textures, source code, etc) would belong to a company rather than a single person, and it would bring them more freedom at the time in terms of legal stuff.

Now they decided to base themselves in the UK (with European/British law) to have as much freedom legally as before but it would be much easier for them to be based in the UK considering the amount of people in FS who live in Europe and it seems some of them got charged with higher responsibilities in the company (Barbatos, Raider, Blapecool, etc. whereas RabidCow and Bladekiller were mainly responsible before).

What I don't understand is why they created two companies rather than relocating the first one to the UK (maybe RabidCow didn't want to? :D) which makes it also weird that they have to buy back their own assets too. Perhaps it's less paperwork.

They had to name the company "FrozenSand GAMES" because you can't just have the same name as another company (at least not within Common Wealth countries). It's the same people but just two different incorporeal entities for the sake of changing address.
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942