Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All known servers unavailavable Rate Topic: -----

UrT4 Contacting a few strange servers

#1 User is offline   Carpals Icon

• Account: carpals

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:46 AM

Hi, I am Petriclor; who has been playing for a few years. None of the servers when I hit update servers are known to me. Ordinarily, I got all the KUT and Lily servers, none of which needed passwords. About 4 or 5 of these always have members playing +Bots. What has happened to them? What is the method of checking if they are broken, uh offline and for how long?

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:14 PM

If just read the title on the forums, but there apparently was some issues within KUT. click

Now. on how to "check" on servers:
  • First off, check your filters are as open as possible. secondly check that you actually get a master-list (aka there actually are servers displayed)
  • If a server is not in the masterlist it most likely is down. And thats about where the story ends, unless you have a way to contact the server admins.
  • Possibly you can check gametracker if you know the IP and see when the server was last detected.

This post has been edited by Iye: 12 November 2016 - 03:14 PM

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   Carpals Icon

• Account: carpals

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:01 AM

View PostIye, on 12 November 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

If just read the title on the forums, but there apparently was some issues within KUT. click

Now. on how to "check" on servers:
  • First off, check your filters are as open as possible. secondly check that you actually get a master-list (aka there actually are servers displayed)
  • If a server is not in the masterlist it most likely is down. And thats about where the story ends, unless you have a way to contact the server admins.
  • Possibly you can check gametracker if you know the IP and see when the server was last detected.

Got it! I had so tweaked my play online settings that password protected servers were all the game connected to. I only had to scan the "get servers list" settings to see my mistake.
I had toggled so there were just a few servers showing. The switch for "password"
was set to yes, but the setting should have been "all servers".
Also I use a blocker and hosts file keeper and one of those had to be aloud through to let my Spotify in, so why not Urban Terror?

I don't get a lot of sleep myself when I'm into this game. Playing all nighters often?

This post has been edited by Carpals: 13 November 2016 - 02:08 AM

#4 User is offline   ge0rdie Icon

• Account: ge0rdie

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:42 AM

View PostCarpals, on 12 November 2016 - 05:46 AM, said:

Hi, I am Petriclor; who has been playing for a few years. None of the servers when I hit update servers are known to me. Ordinarily, I got all the KUT and Lily servers, none of which needed passwords. About 4 or 5 of these always have members playing +Bots. What has happened to them? What is the method of checking if they are broken, uh offline and for how long?

Hi,

I am the admin on KUT.USA servers.

KUT.USA.TDM is still on v4.2 which is likely why you can't see it in your list.

I have been trying to rectify this for awhile with no joy (no access to the file system).

Instead I have started my own server with the same maps/config: [UTF] WestCoast TDM

It is located in California and has B3 and xlrstats installed (see xlrstats.utfclan.net) so should be a good option for you.

It has only been running for a week so numbers are not yet very good, but I do get a lot of the KUT.USA.TDM regulars on it.

It is just a bit of an experiment, so if numbers don't improve in the next few months, I will can it.

Check it out when you get a chance

--ge0rdie

#5 User is offline   D0ubl3j Icon

• Account: d0ubl3j

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:52 PM

View Postge0rdie, on 02 February 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

Hi,

I am the admin on KUT.USA servers.

KUT.USA.TDM is still on v4.2 which is likely why you can't see it in your list.

I have been trying to rectify this for awhile with no joy (no access to the file system).

Instead I have started my own server with the same maps/config: [UTF] WestCoast TDM

It is located in California and has B3 and xlrstats installed (see xlrstats.utfclan.net) so should be a good option for you.

It has only been running for a week so numbers are not yet very good, but I do get a lot of the KUT.USA.TDM regulars on it.

It is just a bit of an experiment, so if numbers don't improve in the next few months, I will can it.

Check it out when you get a chance

--ge0rdie

HI I'm Head admin on all KUT servers
KUT.USA.4.2.x servers are going to be replaced however there are already 8 KUT.NL.TDM/CTF/TDM-CUSTOM/GUNGAME/INSTAGIB-TDM-FFA/WARFARE/SNIPERWAR servers running 4.3.2 feel free to check them out.

Peace out D{*J*}

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942