• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fancy server/map features.

#1 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

Fist off: Most, if not all, of the suggestions here are just "fancy", gimmicky features.

I just played a few rounds of good old BF again, and remembered/noticed the "server banners" they have there. basically small tiny infographics a server can set, that will be shown in the loading screen, much like and in addition to a motd.

That got me thinking, and remembering a few discussions about maps and "adds" (be it for a clan or whatever) on them: what if map makers could add placeholder textures to their maps, which the server admins could choose and set? So they could put up a banner and ask for support for their server, or just advertise for their clan in general.

Which got me thinking even further: What if game news could be conveyed that way. I remember playing Crimecraft back in maybe 2010, and they had this really fancy feature that on social maps, the newsboards on the map themselfs, or even in LED tickers, that told players how long it was until an update or whatever.

Just wanted to throw this in here, because i thought it would be really cool and rather unique i suppose.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:00 AM

Would love to see the dev team do this and possibly knit together with the community a closed pre-release.

Maybe even put out special content when launching an open beta version of the game, for instance, founder packs where players are able to obtain fancy skins or "fun stuff", and with that support the development.

Maps are always nice to have for any game and I hope most who are willing to create content or to share the knowledge they obtained with others helping the community grow.
Please use my awesome tips you know they work!

#4 User is offline   costanza Icon

• Account: costanza

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:22 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 07 February 2017 - 01:25 AM, said:

We are in the process of working towards a release of a very raw alpha to put a working framework into the hands of the map makers so they can begin the process of feature enhancement via discovery and with many different options as to contributor licensing under the Unreal 4 engine map makers are more than welcome to add advance features to their own work and submit the work for possible inclusion.

I know you will hate this but do you have any sort of time frame for when we can test a playable alpha?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942