• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4.3.2 sucks for me Rate Topic: -----

Problems

#1 User is offline   bigmuff Icon

• Account: bigmuff

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:56 AM

Hello, everyone

First of all, I don't want to offend anybody and not pretend to struggling, but I'm going to tell you my experience with the last UrT update here.

I always complained about hits missing before 4.3; tried lots of network settings and nothing. When 4.3 came out and /seta snaps was able to modify, I found my perfect game config. I started to hit much better. Ok, everything is fine at this point and I was the happiest guy in the world.

I proceeded to update to 4.3.2 last week and here comes my nightmare: I found myself emptying full clips with no hits, or just 2, 3 hits per clip, even on static players.
So, I decided to check the changelog of this version and I read 'seta snaps locked again..' I said "WTF!? Is this a joke? Finally! I've found the cause of my no-hit issue, and you disable it?" Yeah, I experienced some little warps when that command was set on 40 or 60, but I prefer some little warps, instead this unplayable no hitting game.

A random example of this: I faced from behind a player who was crouched and no moving, I though "Ok, this guy is mine", I shot at him with no hits, so he heard my weapon, turned back and killed me. You have any idea how frustrating it feels? That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

This is my UrT network setting:

seta cl_maxpackets "98"
seta cl_packetdup "1"
* seta snaps "20"
seta rate "25000"

If you have any suggestion to change it, go ahead, please.

I insist, I don't pretend to offend, just want to tell you my indignation with this last update.

Regards

This post has been edited by bigmuff: 11 February 2017 - 08:11 AM

#2 User is offline   Magister Icon

• Account: magister

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:56 AM

View Postbigmuff, on 11 February 2017 - 02:56 AM, said:

This is my UrT network setting:

seta cl_maxpackets "98"
seta cl_packetdup "1"
* seta snaps "20"
seta rate "25000"

I think cl_packetdup "1" is already the default.

I set my cl_maxpackets "125" so I think yours could go higher.

I set my rate "35000" so I think yours could go higher.

But what about the video settings? Do you think these are related at all to what you experience? For example, com_maxfps "125"

#3 User is offline   bigmuff Icon

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostMagister, on 11 February 2017 - 05:56 AM, said:

I think cl_packetdup "1" is already the default.

I set my cl_maxpackets "125" so I think yours could go higher.

I set my rate "35000" so I think yours could go higher.

But what about the video settings? Do you think these are related at all to what you experience? For example, com_maxfps "125"

I can't set a higher rate value than 32 in game, so if I try to set it manually from config file, I think the game will set on 32000 as maximum.

I took my network configuration from this topic:

http://www.urbanterr...2-cl-packetdup/ (first reply from Muffie)

snaps 40, cl_packetdup "1", seta rate "25000", and seta cl_maxpackets "98" - was so fine.

Ping was affected too, when I used snaps on 40, ping went down to 186 in a USA server; snaps on 60 = 176 ping; now, snaps on 20 = 198 ping.
Anyway snaps on 40 was enough. I'm using an ethernet cable via PCL.

About video settings, I put my max FPS on 83,333 (84) because I never have a constant 125 value on my video card. 84 is more stable with my hardware, and is not bad to play.

Thanks for respond
Regards

This post has been edited by bigmuff: 11 February 2017 - 08:35 AM

#4 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:54 PM

View Postbigmuff, on 11 February 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

snaps 40, cl_packetdup "1", seta rate "25000", and seta cl_maxpackets "98" - was so fine.

Ping was affected too, when I used snaps on 40, ping went down to 186 in a USA server; snaps on 60 = 176 ping; now, snaps on 20 = 198 ping.
Anyway snaps on 40 was enough. I'm using an ethernet cable via PCL.

About video settings, I put my max FPS on 83,333 (84) because I never have a constant 125 value on my video card. 84 is more stable with my hardware, and is not bad to play.

First, maybe try com_maxfps=83 . Inside engine it will convert into int(1000/maxfps)=12 milliseconds between frames (at least 12 ms have one divisor in common with 50 ms from the current sv_fps=20 locked in servers that force snaps, but 11 ms resulting from com_maxfps=84 has none as it is prime).

Then try cl_maxpackets= com_maxfps [or any other integer fraction or it, like ceil(com_maxfps/n) with n=1,2,3,... in your case: 83, 42 or 28 ... ]. It is preferable cl_maxpackets not greater than com_maxfps.

In any case, for pings greater than 100 ms. and with a long path to server it is easy to have high variation in ping that affects a lot on server side netlag compensation and it can produce the effects you tell.

You can also set cg_lagometer 1 to see painted a net graph showing your network connection quality. See a explanation in section 6 (line 156) "interpreting the lagometer" from README.Q3Test in sources. Basically, it is bad when you see many big yellow triangles in the upper part, or black or red lines in the lower part.

#5 User is offline   bigmuff Icon

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:10 PM

View Postkarnute, on 11 February 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

First, maybe try com_maxfps=83 . Inside engine it will convert into int(1000/maxfps)=12 milliseconds between frames (at least 12 ms have one divisor in common with 50 ms from the current sv_fps=20 locked in servers that force snaps, but 11 ms resulting from com_maxfps=84 has none as it is prime).

Then try cl_maxpackets= com_maxfps [or any other integer fraction or it, like ceil(com_maxfps/n) with n=1,2,3,... in your case: 83, 42 or 28 ... ]. It is preferable cl_maxpackets not greater than com_maxfps.

In any case, for pings greater than 100 ms. and with a long path to server it is easy to have high variation in ping that affects a lot on server side netlag compensation and it can produce the effects you tell.

You can also set cg_lagometer 1 to see painted a net graph showing your network connection quality. See a explanation in section 6 (line 156) "interpreting the lagometer" from README.Q3Test in sources. Basically, it is bad when you see many big yellow triangles in the upper part, or black or red lines in the lower part.

I give up 'cause tried everything, even your suggestion. My complaints don't matter, modifiable snaps won't come back and my problem won't fix. Won't play again. "Solved" topic.

Thanks for respond

This post has been edited by bigmuff: 13 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942