Urban Terror Forums: Weird framerate and lag abuses of some people? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Weird framerate and lag abuses of some people? Rate Topic: -----

First I was positive it my DSL or server, now I am almost sure its not

#11 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:58 PM

The main issue here is that FS actually cant force anyone to update. Since UrT is originally built as mod to q3a, you can actually run it on a quake basegame, or a quake server executable. You loose a couple of features (such as auth), but it will work. This is also why there is a couple of modded servers out there. FS could remove all not up to date servers from the master list - which is what happened with 4.1 - but while that it questionable in itself, it also has the problem that servers that arent updated, wont even be visible to clients that arent updated. Which brings me to the idea that a client could still show "ahead" servers but then display an error message when trying to connect. Maybe that would be worth considering.

I personally totally agree with you, that a "forced" live version would be the best thing in terms of keeping the community together, but its just not going to happen with 4.X. Which Resurgence (aka HD), its basically bound to happen, because of steam.

On a sidenote: the update was actually announced ahead of time on social media (except for this website xD) and ingame (assuming you play it logged in). I agree though that sometimes FS update rollouts are kind of suboptimal :P
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#12 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

• Account: luckycro

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

I understand, thank you for time and explanations. Now I understand all much better. I am sure programmers will find best solution, after all they do good work so far.

#13 User is offline   cyrus Icon

• Account: cyrus
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

View PostIye, on 17 February 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

Which brings me to the idea that a client could still show "ahead" servers but then display an error message when trying to connect. Maybe that would be worth considering.

An icon indicating servers running an incompatible version and/or a version number column in the server list would be nice (should be possible as the ability to query a server for its particulars is already available, but it will probably slow down listing time). Know before you go.
Of course, none of this will ever address those users running an older version until they get around to updating to a version with these features.
Disorder... Chaos... Anarchy... Now THAT's fun!

#14 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:54 PM

View Postcyrus, on 19 February 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

should be possible as the ability to query a server for its particulars is already available, but it will probably slow down listing time

The client already filters the list by server cvars, and you will barely notice the filtering compared to the wait time you have when querying 100 servers.

View Postcyrus, on 19 February 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

Of course, none of this will ever address those users running an older version until they get around to updating to a version with these features.

True, but at least players would then actually be able to realize that "oh hey, my favourtie server is on a newer version - i better update". Compared to the now "well yeah, i can still play, so i dont care"
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#15 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

I have serious questions for programmers:

1. When you bind keys zoom, reset, scrool...... YOu move guns and you can do it in inventory...... But tell me please where is logic that people bind knife to mouse or special weapons to mouse from files manually. Dont you think that is kinda "abuse" aka moded advantage? Lets be honest in direct combat it is advantage, and sorry to say when I cant scrool knife from inventory with mouse, that is problem, while he knifing me cause of manual bind on mouse and he clearly can do it.
Now you will say do it, I will say I refuse. Why? If is this game so good optimised why you dont do that for all people, while "those pro" players can do it manually, and "its allowed" seriously, do we talk about "allowed things", or is that thing allowed to give advantage to "some" people? Many of us will refuse to setup anything what you cant do in game defaults.

2. In version 4.32 what is default frame rate? I see my game runs on 92. If is game caped on 90-91-92, why some people play on 115, I heard some of them on 125, so please enlighten me, why is that allowed? And why is that not cheat? Sorry to say I am not noob, nor slow, but I clearly see that I lag regularly against people who have unlocked fps (ping is not such issue), not to mention that those guys with 125 I cant hit cause they literally move way too fast, they aim faster than me (not because they are better than me) its because they move faster and their game works faster.

Seriously, that is fine by you, but seriously? And why 125 FPS. So basicly you turning this game on legit way to what they did in Deus Ex multiplayer. Let me remind you how things went there and how some guys tried to ruin community with such things:

1. They unlocked to 120, but someone was positive they can later to 150, 180, and later over 200? When rest of us used defaults!
2. Then they were positive they are allowed to implement superbinds where one button changes inventory, heals automatically and returns in previous state. Not to mention where that lead later (you saw my first post). While rest of us refused to play with something what 90 % of people in game does not uses. Maybe it will surprise you, but some of us have codex and we do not need excuse to use different or better setup to match others. If I am better I will show it from same setup as 100 % of community. This way 10 % of UrT guys obviously has advantage, and basicly you allow them.

So lets be honest "some" people are allowed to manually bind guns to mouse and modify original files, that is fine by programmers..... Some people are allowed to uncap FPS, that is fine by programmers...... So answer from you guys is, it is allowed. So what about that you give sticker to rest of us where it says "SUCKERS" since some of us have codex and do not use or modify what is not possible to change in game inventory by default, and those 2 things are not. Clearly you cant scrool knife (i know i cant since version 4.1), and you cant run by default over 90-92 FPS.

In short since this day on I will just disconnect every single time from every single server where I see such people. Its not that I have something against anyone but I do not want that some people raise their EGO like in Deus Ex on rest of people, and because I refuse to play 1:1 and play on 200 % to match guys who have obviously advantage over me and because I refuse to write on my head "SUCKER".

Rest of guys were positive some of those guys are so good, but answer is, they are not, their game just works faster, they move faster, so they react faster because their guns respond faster. It is just stupid to play like that. Be polite and do those 2 things by default in inventory to rest of us also, or be polite and block those people by doing so manually.

And no its not cool to unlock game to 125, some maybe do not run game even on 90. Plain and simple, it is stupidity to allow few to have advantage, and grow their ego over others. I saw such people in Deus Ex, and if such things continue, please let us know so that rest of us "SUCKERS" can go play with lego or in jump servers, while rest of you "WHO ALLOW MANUAL CHANGES" can raise your ego and play your own lego fights. If you guys have such things "allowed" on multiplayer tournaments, seriously enlighten me what is point of those tournaments where some guys who dont modify "allowed" things manually have seriously lower chance?

And no I will not modify manually one single thing. I just want to point few things.

Thank you.

This post has been edited by Luckycro: 20 February 2017 - 05:07 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Lochverstaerker Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

View PostLuckycro, on 20 February 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

I have serious questions for programmers:

1. When you bind keys zoom, reset, scrool...... YOu move guns and you can do it in inventory...... But tell me please where is logic that people bind knife to mouse or special weapons to mouse from files manually. Dont you think that is kinda "abuse" aka moded advantage? Lets be honest in direct combat it is advantage, and sorry to say when I cant scrool knife from inventory with mouse, that is problem, while he knifing me cause of manual bind on mouse and he clearly can do it.
Now you will say do it, I will say I refuse. Why? If is this game so good optimised why you dont do that for all people, while "those pro" players can do it manually, and "its allowed" seriously, do we talk about "allowed things", or is that thing allowed to give advantage to "some" people? Many of us will refuse to setup anything what you cant do in game defaults.

Not sure what you're alluding to, but using and modifying .cfg files is just how you set up Urban Terror, there is no other way. Everyone can do it, you can't really automate actions, and it's not "cheating".

View PostLuckycro, on 20 February 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

2. In version 4.32 what is default frame rate? I see my game runs on 92. If is game caped on 90-91-92, why some people play on 115, I heard some of them on 125, so please enlighten me, why is that allowed? And why is that not cheat? Sorry to say I am not noob, nor slow, but I clearly see that I lag regularly against people who have unlocked fps (ping is not such issue), not to mention that those guys with 125 I cant hit cause they literally move way too fast, they aim faster than me (not because they are better than me) its because they move faster and their game works faster.

So lets be honest "some" people are allowed to manually bind guns to mouse and modify original files, that is fine by programmers..... Some people are allowed to uncap FPS, that is fine by programmers...... So answer from you guys is, it is allowed. So what about that you give sticker to rest of us where it says "SUCKERS" since some of us have codex and do not use or modify what is not possible to change in game inventory by default, and those 2 things are not. Clearly you cant scrool knife (i know i cant since version 4.1), and you cant run by default over 90-92 FPS.

Rest of guys were positive some of those guys are so good, but answer is, they are not, their game just works faster, they move faster, so they react faster because their guns respond faster. It is just stupid to play like that. Be polite and do those 2 things by default in inventory to rest of us also, or be polite and block those people by doing so manually.

And no its not cool to unlock game to 125, some maybe do not run game even on 90. Plain and simple, it is stupidity to allow few to have advantage, and grow their ego over others. I saw such people in Deus Ex, and if such things continue, please let us know so that rest of us "SUCKERS" can go play with lego or in jump servers, while rest of you "WHO ALLOW MANUAL CHANGES" can raise your ego and play your own lego fights. If you guys have such things "allowed" on multiplayer tournaments, seriously enlighten me what is point of those tournaments where some guys who dont modify "allowed" things manually have seriously lower chance?

Are you for real? First of all, you can't uncap your FPS in Urban Terror (and for good reason, the game does weird things with higher FPS) and nothing stops you from using 125 FPS instead of 90(well, your hardware maybe); 90 is in no way a "default" value.
FPS also in no way affect how fast your game runs or your weapons function or anything like that. It's really just how smooth the game runs on your machine. There is also no way you can tell what FPS setting another player uses, so please stop bullshitting.
Although I have to admit that FPS still has weird effects on the game, but I only know of cases where low FPS are more desirable (for example you can, or could at least, evade all fall damage in some cases if you run on low FPS).

#17 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostLochverstaerker, on 20 February 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

Not sure what you're alluding to, but using and modifying .cfg files is just how you set up Urban Terror, there is no other way. Everyone can do it, you can't really automate actions, and it's not "cheating".

Are you for real? First of all, you can't uncap your FPS in Urban Terror (and for good reason, the game does weird things with higher FPS) and nothing stops you from using 125 FPS instead of 90(well, your hardware maybe); 90 is in no way a "default" value.
FPS also in no way affect how fast your game runs or your weapons function or anything like that. It's really just how smooth the game runs on your machine. There is also no way you can tell what FPS setting another player uses, so please stop bullshitting.
Although I have to admit that FPS still has weird effects on the game, but I only know of cases where low FPS are more desirable (for example you can, or could at least, evade all fall damage in some cases if you run on low FPS).

1. So you saying when I setup all buttons in game, and when I scrool (I cant scrool knife up or down) it is same as when they bind knife and sniper from game file to mouse on independent button? Seriously, that is same for you, and that is not unfair manual advantage over 90 % of community when they dont need to press keyboard button. That is bullshitting for you right? When he can literally on same way play and spam text all over the map. Let me guess that has nothing with abuse, that is just modifying cfg file, and that has nothing with unfair advantage, except that they abuse on same way often spam. And I know they do it with bot, or button cause to spam like they do after each kill from text button is sorry to be honest bullshit. Do not know how fast they must be to press button, copy text and press enter while they kill and move on. So yes, you got point that is not spamming, not abuse, and not advantage, except that they can scrool guns like insane and same is with text. But you got point, when you do it, its fine, its not advantage, right? You must have advantage over 90 % of community otherwise you would struggle like all others right? Bravo. And again you dont see problem with manual binding guns or text to mouse buttons when you cant do it from game inventory?

2. Funny thing cause that what you said is plain and simple pure lie. I had intergated graphics and replaced it with 2 times better hardware, and guess what, its still on 90. FPS has nothing on gameplay? Oh really? Except games works better for you, and worse for other. Like that is not what i said? But again, that is not abuse, nor problem until you use it right? Seriously you admit game works better, but your actions are not better or faster when game works faster? Funny, cause my actions are much faster, and I turn, shoot and play faster when game does not lag, actually my gameplay is better for 200 % for sure. And funny since for you game maybe works faster, it will work like crap for me (do not know why, it is fact) and yes I have serious problem with that cause such players obviously causing lag to me more than guys with 250 ping. How I know? Cause I played with 5 people on ping 50-60 and I lagged more than with 3 people on 150-250 and 2 on 50. So yes I do mind and I have problems with that. And do not try to say that FPS is not so important cause that is lie. Every professional tournament game in multiplayer has caped FPS exactly to put similar conditions to all players. You should know that.

This post has been edited by Luckycro: 20 February 2017 - 07:41 PM

#18 User is offline   Lochverstaerker Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:53 PM

How is using config files an unfair advantage, when everyone can use them? I quite honestly don't see your problem. And are you seriously complaining about text binds that have literally no bearing on the game?

Urban Terror has capped FPS, you can't get more than 125. And no, more FPS don't make your game run faster, just smoother. Of course that might affect how well you play the game, but that's just the nature of things. Do you want FS to cap the FPS to 20, just because my potato of a machine can't run UrT any better? That's bullshit.
Maybe you should look into modifying your config, if you want to achieve higher FPS (but oh wait, that's cheating, right?)

#19 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

View PostLochverstaerker, on 20 February 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

How is using config files an unfair advantage, when everyone can use them? I quite honestly don't see your problem. And are you seriously complaining about text binds that have literally no bearing on the game?

Urban Terror has capped FPS, you can't get more than 125. And no, more FPS don't make your game run faster, just smoother. Of course that might affect how well you play the game, but that's just the nature of things. Do you want FS to cap the FPS to 20, just because my potato of a machine can't run UrT any better? That's bullshit.
Maybe you should look into modifying your config, if you want to achieve higher FPS (but oh wait, that's cheating, right?)

For <-(DD)-> every manual modification of files is abuse. You can be programmer, game owner or whatever. That is fact. Some games would ban you for that on internet. That is also fact. If you cant modify IN GAME, dont touch it. Our moto in <-(DD)->. I am only who has caped to 90 FPS? You should think better, I am not only one. But will I do it manually, you can bet I will not. If programmers care they would do those 2 things equally to all players, not let them to do it manually. Oh wait, point of FPS games is to present EQUALITY, and not to find MANUAL EXCUSES in files to turn it into advantage. How funny, isnt it. Blame hardware, yea, great story, always works.

#20 User is offline   OlympicSmoker Icon

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

I don't even know where to start lol..
1st game IS capped.. at 125fps and like said in no way 90 is "default" or "recommended".. have a look at your config just out of curiosity and if its not 125 then ffs change it ;)
2nd binding stuff is in no way a cheat, not speaking of macros or scripts (wich could be debatable) but a bind that is already there. IIRC knife is bound to 1 so not adding a line in cfg or anything.. just using a layout suitable for my gameplay
3rd While were at it.. scripting has been around for years and eighter learn how to do so or dont use it.. i personally dont but theres a ton of tutorials and examples on this very forum.. some scripts could be useful like the "gear changer script"
4th Changing your GPU didnt help cause URT's old Q3 engine depends much more on CPU than GPU and does'nt play well with multithreading.. that being said if your hardware cant run 125fps in most maps just lower your res or textures a bit.
5th Lag can happen for so many reason.. could be the server, the diff of ping between highest and lowest ping (hence sort of lag compensation kicking in) or your rig (some services/apps youre running background)

Have a nice day fraggin'

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942