• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

logfile statistics

Lofile providing few information

#1 User is offline   Hauruck Icon

• Account: hauruck

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

Hello dear players and developers :)

I have written an Urbanterror logfile analyzer, which is free, but not downloadable right now.

In the process of development several problems arose:

1. timestamps: There was no way of getting time information of actions.
The solution was to write a script (ruby on linux) which captured the error-output (stderr)
and put a timestamp before each line.

2. parsing: parsing the different kill-and-hit lines was a pain in the ass, since they are not
coherent to any standards :) (like "MP5K" => /mercy by (.+)\.$/) :D

3. games and matches: it was difficult to figure out , when a match (or game) ended and started.

4. identity: I'm still not sure if urbanterror always has the correct login data :D
Sometimes the log says that i am logged in with an account, sometimes not.
Maybe it has to do with the server i am playing on.

My question is, do you have any plans to do a better logfile output or even develop a statistics system?

I would help with this.

P.S. I really love your website design

Regards, hauruck

This post has been edited by Hauruck: 21 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

#2 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

I'm going to assume that you are parsing client side logs? Because for servers such things obviously already exist, most notably b3 bot.

• The reason why the log doesn't have timestamps pretty much is, because its simply a copy of your console contents.
  • Yeah well, thats true :P A lot of long regex are your friend xD
  • For the client side logs, sure. But then again, see point 1.
  • If the server doesnt have auth enabled, i guess it wont show you as logged in. Additionally, sometimes auth actually bugs out and doesnt display in the scoreboard. Might be related.

As for better logfiles and stats: Serverside logs are quite good. E.g. see DrunkNoobs XLRstats web display. Thats a prefab addin for b3, which pretty much shows all the stats the game has. There also is a statistics system ingame, but thats only for the current map.

I wouldnt expect any developments for a (global) stats system for 4.X though. Its just not worth the time it would take. Quite possible for it to happen with Resurgence (aka HD), since its going to use steam services, which takes away a lot of development requirements in this regard.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942