Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game fails to launch Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   manson Icon

• Account: manson

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:18 AM

I am running OS X Sierra. The game is incapable of functioning in full screen (I tried 4.2 AND 4.3 before and after my OS upgrade from 10.11.5). It works kind of mediocre at best if full screen is NEVER switched on, but once full screen is turned on, the game just suddenly quits in a way that keeps the operating system from launching the unexpected quit notification and then upon clicking on it in an attempt to relaunch the game, just opens long enough to see the screen fade to black and the cursor disappear for only a moment then re-appear and the screen flashes back to the home screen. NEVER displaying the notification. What's even more strange is that I redownloaded the game and reinstalled it, yet this issue persists.

PS - I have yet to figure out how to turn off full screen mode via command prompt.

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:16 AM

My first idea would be that the resolution set does not fit your screen.

You can edit settings outside of the game in your q3config.cfg. no idea where those would be on mac. either they are in /PATH/TO/GAME/q3ut4, or in your home folder under q3ut4/

For fullscreen want to change

seta r_fullscreen "1"
to "0"

Additionally, you could change

seta r_mode "THERE_WOULD_BE_A_NUMBER_HERE"
to something like "1" (that would be 640x480p)

also, there is this and other threads in the mac support forum.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942