Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tutorial Map

#1 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

One of the great things about the UE4 engine is that it allows Resurgence to have a lot more extra features in a map, including adding cinematic scenes, playing videos, forcing players to equip specific equipment and being able to check if they have done that before allowing them to move on etc.

As someone who still remembers their first game of Urban Terror, I must admit I was so amazingly confused. Not so much by the combat and weapons choice and equipment loadouts but by the movement. I would see people flying through the map with speed trails behind them and man did I want to learn how in the world they did that, but every time I would ask in a server I would just get stupid answers like "Figure it out", or "You just jump in circles" or "Just keep bunny hopping and you will eventually figure it out" etc. It wasn't until someone I met in a TDM lobby took me over to an icy jump map and taught me circle running and circle jumping (Thank you Rambetter and Sizzler) that I finally figured out what I had been missing. And guess what, it took like another several hours of practice just to barely grasp how to circle jump and then slide around corners and stuff.

I remember how frustrating it was to see people fly around a map and be utterly unprepared and useless against their sheer speed.

I think that Resurgence needs to have a fix for this. A tutorial map (or maps) that come with the game and has a big "Tutorial" button on the main page, so that new players can learn how the movement mechanics work and be coached through the process of learning circle running/jumping without feeling the pressure of having another player teach them, or get frustrated with them when they dont understand the players poorly worded instructions on how to circle jump/run.

There needs to be a pressure free environment with very well worded instructions with an incremental tutorial so that players can at least understand that things like circle running/jumping exist even if they cant figure out how to do it themselves right away.

In any case, I hope that something like this can be developed before the release. I would love to have a hand in it especially when it comes to how to explain circle running/jumping.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942