Urban Terror Forums: Local server does not show up in the list - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Local server does not show up in the list Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Ehsan Icon

• Account: ehsan

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

Hi all,
I have played urban terror couple of years before. It was fun and easy to operate and bring up a server. But now i am in trouble.

I downloaded the full pack yesterday and read the guides for runing a server.
I want to setup a server using the in-gwme menu.
I created shortcuts as stated in the official manuals and started the server i can connect toserver using /connect but the server does not list in "play online" list. I put local option and other configs are untouched.
Windows firewall is of on both pc and urban terror os run as admin.
Can someone guide me trough this?

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:52 PM

Im not sure if i understand your setup correctly. Let me recap what i think you are doing:

You have 2 PCs. One starts a server via the ingame menu, the other one tries to connect to it via the ingame menu.

Since you can connect to the server via \connect, this implies something goes wrong in the listing.
Here is a few things to check:
1) Have you set your server to LAN? if not, it will show up in the online section.
2) Does your network allow the server listing? basically every private/home network will have no problems with this. But if you are e.g. at a companies or universities network, they may just not allow it.
3) What does the server console say when its started up? Post a log here. (please post it into a [spoiler] and [code] tag, so it wont clutter the page and still be readable)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   Ehsan Icon

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:24 AM

Hello Iye,
Thanks for your attention.

You have 2 PCs. One starts a server via the ingame menu, the other one tries to connect to it via the ingame menu.

yes my case is as you explained.

First let me say that the problem is resolved! It is resolved by changing that accounts thing option from yes to no in the server listing.

I don't know exactly what this keys/accounts/authentication are used for, but I believe that this option's default value should be changed to no. (based on my 10 years of programming experience)
The reason is when the player is not aware of accounts/keys mechanism the listing will work for them. But if someone wants to use the accounts he/she would probably know how the option works and will change it to the desired value.

1) Have you set your server to LAN? if not, it will show up in the online section.

I did not do this, since I want the server to run as a client as well so that a player can use the server PC for playing. It now shows up in local listing

Thanks for your reply again.

This post has been edited by Ehsan: 01 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

#4 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

View PostEhsan, on 01 March 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

I don't know exactly what this keys/accounts/authentication are used for, but I believe that this option's default value should be changed to no. (based on my 10 years of programming experience)

I just checked and you are right. the default is "yes".

The default should be "all", because it has 3 options: "Yes" (only show servers with auth enabled), "No" (dont show servers with auth enabled) and "All" (do both).
The game however remembers the settings.

Filed a pull request accordingly, this will get changed in the next version. Maybe xD
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#5 User is offline   Ehsan Icon

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:52 AM

The default should be "all", because it has 3 options: "Yes" (only show servers with auth enabled), "No" (dont show servers with auth enabled) and "All" (do both).

I am in full agreement.

thanks for reporting it :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Arthurxl Icon

• Account: arthurxl

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:10 AM

View PostEhsan, on 04 March 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

I am in full agreement.

thanks for reporting it :)

hello, im new in this game, and I have the same problem, but I can´t find the "yes" config that you do , could you help me to understand this?

Thanks.

#7 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:44 PM

Beneath the serverlist are a range of filters, one reads 'accounts:' if you click on it it will cycle through yes, no and all.

Yes will only show servers which have the authentification enabled, No will do the opposite and all will obviously show all servers.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942