• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Non-Violent Modification Rate Topic: -----

Just as a thought!

#1 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

• Account: vortex2

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:59 PM

I was thinking about the problem of 'violence' in UrT, which to me, is a little less disturbing than than in CS to begin with, but what IF:

- There is no longer blood? Only hitsounds, and a special animation and sound for when a Player is defeated. So perhaps, instead of their character model collapsing or being blown away after (much) bloodshed, maybe it disintegrates as in Final Fantasy battles (or any RPG) or in Tron or the movie, Pixels....which would reinforce that shooting at humanistic character models is less like deciding to harm someone and more like playing laser tag or tactical paintball...

Just a thought! I think that the whole 'video games are violent' thing is blown way out of proportion, especially considering that if we were to listen to someone chewing carrots using a sensitive microphone and with a camera inside their mouth, that would look really violent.

The main problem or concern is the influence which it has on the mind... and after all, I don't think anyone really wants to kill anyone.

Idk, it's not really a concern of mine. Just thought I would share (while I was thinking about it)!

As always, mind over matter. :)

This post has been edited by Vortex2: 14 March 2017 - 08:07 PM

#2 User is offline   drexz Icon

• Account: drexz

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:19 AM

I am pretty sure that there is an option to turn off blood if I remember correctly.

#3 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

• Account: luckycro

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

Hello people, more of us think similar, and I had one simple solution for UrT programmers. Just to put in inventory one more button which you can press and you have non-violent setup for kids, and when you press it back, you have again defaults.

@ Vortex2 you think same as I do, I have very similar topic about this, and there is solution.

@ drexz
, you are right, there is setup, also there is file made by Rappio for all people who have desire to change setup.

If you guys want you can check this topic since answers are there, Rappio included file solutions, and I wrote detailed description what to turn off for kids if you guys need to do it manually.

Hope this will help, check link:

http://www.urbanterr...eople-and-kids/

This post has been edited by Luckycro: 22 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

#4 User is offline   Tomxor Icon

• Account: tomxor

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

I just saw this and can't help but imagine it being amazingly hilarious, shooting rainbows and chew toys, pillow fights instead of knives... you don't "die" you just get too dizzy and have to have a "time out" or a "nap", at the worst you might puke after a direct blow to the head with a rubber duck. You leave a trail by dropping your legos when you are getting dizzy. :D Of course this should all be superficial and original game play maintained, is it possible to get most of the way by just replacing weapon models? I'm half serious but don't have the qtradiant skills.

#5 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

• Account: vortex2

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:37 AM

View PostTomxor, on 11 May 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

I just saw this and can't help but imagine it being amazingly hilarious, shooting rainbows and chew toys, pillow fights instead of knives... you don't "die" you just get too dizzy and have to have a "time out" or a "nap", at the worst you might puke after a direct blow to the head with a rubber duck. You leave a trail by dropping your legos when you are getting dizzy. :D Of course this should all be superficial and original game play maintained, is it possible to get most of the way by just replacing weapon models? I'm half serious but don't have the qtradiant skills.

lmao :laugh:

- Confetti grenades

- Custom nades, as you say, like chew toys which don't detonate (and can be picked up and collected for no apparent reason)

- Alternate animations including a happy, playful expression paired with sound clip: "Tag, I'm out." *sits down quietly (cross-legged)*

- Cupcake proximity mines which don't actually detonate, but which may be picked and eaten (Non-Violent Modification only)

- Medkit is replaced with choice of flavour of Kool-Aid pitcher and cups

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#8 User is offline   Valour Icon

• Account: valour

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 12 May 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

We were actually considering this when playing around with fuzzy killer bunnies and exploding My Little Ponies. :D

Pls make video.

View PostJustMe..., on 12 May 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

Lmao.

I was just thinking, what if the context or the general tone was like, make-believe fun... so whenever someone takes fatal damage, they accept that they've been effectively 'knocked out' and proceed to enact their death dramatically... eg. Following a confetti grenade explosion, the character hurls their own body, pretending as though it really happened.

This post has been edited by Valour: 12 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

#10 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

• Account: luckycro

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:35 AM

Told you people :) Specially if you can just pick game mode from inventory :)
It is not that hard to create, specially since you see even in spectate depending on what setup you have.
Urt is impressive even now, with separate mode (violent or non violent mods) even little kids would be able to play it without any violence.

This post has been edited by Luckycro: 18 May 2017 - 09:36 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942