Urban Terror Forums: Weird framerate and lag abuses of some people? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Weird framerate and lag abuses of some people? Rate Topic: -----

First I was positive it my DSL or server, now I am almost sure its not

#1 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

• Account: luckycro

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:54 PM

From where to start. I am not player who looks at stats, or who compains much. But I saw abusers on other games and I know 2 things, they are very well supported in community (often), they hide that, they bully others (despite fact they abuse, and they know, because they just dont have respect and honesty), while other guys are frustrated and think its about their skills, but its not, and they blame themself. Some guys attacked me, positive I just talk too much and make excuses, but how they started to play more, even on same match, they saw what I saw, game started to behave funny.... (read laggy), they even apologized to me and said I was right.

I am guy who lost in SR8 matches, maybe ONLY 3 matches in 1:1 fights. Its not joke. And that is as far as I remember. But when it comes to team matches that is different story "where some guys who I beaten rock". I know how game should work. I just know. When Acen SR8 works like it should, I have feeling that I move like rocket on the cloud, but when "weird stuff is happening" its like I cant jump at all. Its like your sniper does not respond enough fast, and like you just cant jump proper. Like you have some weight on legs, its not joke you feel just like that.

Where is problem? Game is mostly playable, works almost on the edge so its hard to detect..... But its lag, if you watch better you will see it even when you spectate, 2-3 frames lower than fluid..... And that tiny lag determines how you jump, and what your score will be (despite fact that you have 50 ping and 90 FPS). For example when I play 1:1 I mostly have 2:1 up to 4:1 ratio depends with who I play. But in that "tiny" lag I have even negative score and last few days I just know its not realistic and that makes me less happy. What is funny? It always happens to me with same people. There are at least 3 guys who I detected that come into server and I cant hit proper way, and I see I am just not fast as I should be. Far from that they are not good players, or that they are not fast, sometimes they are faster, but in general they are not because I beaten already those guys. But they just rock somehow with more people, and more people there is better their score is. Mostly they will avoid 1:1 battle with me. I know that cause I invited them 1:1, and they refused, every single of those 3.

Explanation about me:

2 cores, Intel, 90 FPS caped, 50 ping, 65Mbit DSL, we cant talk about lag from my side. Servers, any server...... When those guys connect I lag. Always same guys, always lag from my side, not big lag, but when you are killed behind wall you smell something just not right when you both have 50 ping.

Problem:

Long time I was frustrated with believe its me, my skills, but honestly its not I realized that later because I beaten those guys in rare moments where I had proper gameplay (what is rare when they play). I also saw many other guys yesterday complained to SAME guy, with same words.... lagger....... What is funny cause those 3 guys have ping 50-100 (so thats barelly lag). So please enlighten me how guy with ping 50 can lag, cause me to be slow, to miss, while he even hit me behind wall like he has ping 150.

I would not report that if that would be one guy, but there is 2-3 guys so far, and I have enough. First kill on me, well ok... Maybe lag..... Maybe I was not behind wall, but that repeated several times to understand its not me, I dont halucinate, and more people complained also...... I hit, nothing, he hit kill despite fact I hit before. Basicly if he hit me its kill, if i go after wall and he hit I am still dead, cause he lag and he has both kills from direct hit and from lag kill when he misshit away from me, from same guy I died at least 5-10 times behind wall with his ping 50. And admin says server is fine. I know I have 90 FPS and ping 50 (or less). So its in those people, not in me.

HOW THAT LOOKS:

1. I play since time of CS, so I know how you predict moves, you know where you stand, he knows where you stand so you hit either you will hit him if you are faster, or you will miss cause you hit to early on blind. BUT, THEY NEVER (read never / those 2-3) hit in blank, at least I never saw them, they always know where you are and they never miss. So if we both are behind wall, I will either go on my speed (but you cant win that fight almost never), you just cant, or I will hit in advance. Problem is even when I hit in advance if he apears its miss, while he hit me even after wall, when I moving away. Problem is that those 2-3 guys never miss cause they know where I am.

You know turnpike PILLS? I tested theory so I moved left right on pills, he was on bad situation behind wall, so he cant pick good side, NOR he has easy shoot, so he must hit on blind...... BUT THEY DONT MISS SIDE, they dont miss hit, they dont hit on blind (you never hear misshit on blind), they always know where you are, no blank prediction hits. I tested theory so when he pulled away I moved left from pill so that I see him before, but he hit me from fast movement, sorry I am not naive you cant come and hit every single time with reflex haha, I mean seriously, you must be sometimes surprised and miss, but not them lol... That theory was tested on several guys because with those few people i lag on regular basis. And it seems I am not only one.

2. Other problem is not GPS, it that lag issue where my bullet miss direct hit, while he hits either direct hit + miss hit. What is funny, he has ping 50, not 150 to hit you with miss. Basicly they kill you behind wall like they have delay of ping 150. Insane stuff and its not funny because its repeating over and over.

I saw same thing in game Deus Ex, I can confirm that such things appear when people used GPS or in Deus Ex they called that WH (wall hack) in short they knew position, while they always were faster than you (lagged you) because they had unlocked FPS to 300.

In short do not know if those 2-3 guys abuse (I can even name them) I do not even care. Problem is that those guys insult others, they are rood to others, and I am almost 200 % positive, they are not so good at all, neither they have rights to insult anyone. I told that several times on few servers on PSD, and on ESP, and admins even muted me, and refused to talk with me, and I must say PSD's server works just fine, ESP is solid.

Only admin who was cool to listen me its on ACEN SR8 when he basicly told me that some guys do abuse with one program where basicly your sniper (gun) has longer response, delay, lag, call it how you want. So is it GPS, is it only lag which few players create, or do we halucinate? Or they really abuse, do not know. But consider this, its not only me, and I would not come here if that would be one person, or one time. Its always when those guys play, and same story. And no I have not downloaded anything. I played with many impressive players and it is not hard to detect seriously impressive guy and guy who exploit lag or GPS, trust me I played against better players than those 2-3, but against them is harder because I cant hit them, and they knew position + they lag. Serious problem.

Suspect? GPS + framerate or clickbot. Something like that. If needed I will create demorec examples on those guys and post it here so that you can see direct no hits, their delay kills and similar.

If I am wrong I apologize to all, but that is happening way to often with same people, to be server, mine, or coincidence problem. If there is more guys around please come to this topic I know more of you saw same thing yesterday in PSD server SR8, and few times on other servers.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Luckycro: 12 February 2017 - 04:20 PM

#2 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:31 AM

bind MOUSE1 "+attack; ut_zoomreset"

There are quite a few people that are actually very good from playing sr8 only servers and instagib from q3 for almost 20 years lol

This post has been edited by Muffie: 13 February 2017 - 01:36 AM

.:| Win10 x64 | AMD R5 2600 | 16Gb G.Skill cL16@3ghz | ASUS STRIX Vega 64 |:.

#3 User is offline   travmon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: travmon

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:50 AM

@Luckycro, I see a number of players using wallhax and also this so called lag with suspicious activity so you are not wrong there. And with sv_fps/snaps being locked again hits are random and seem worse than they were in 4.2 with major framerate drops. Seems it is time to find a new hobby maybe. @Muffie the sr8 is delayed for good reason and imho the bind should be disallowed and ability to bind that string should be removed.

#4 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:39 PM

Muffie

I understand that, and I played against 10 CS bots on hardest with my brother and we passed it (all maps), and saved hostages. To explain what does 1 bot in CS on hardest? Sniper, appear, hit in head. Done. But we passed with 10 bots. He saved hostages and used assault gun, I had sniper and covered back, so I was really good even back then. I have both buttons for attack and zoom reset from game inventory. I never bind things that are not in inventory possible to bind/setup (that would be cheat, and DD Team allows only inventory buttons setup). Any extra binding from game files is for us cheat.

travmon

Thank you for reply, and I must admit when I entered first time in SR8 it was same as you said (even worse at first look), but I must admit (in global) they did it better in this version, and I lag less comparing to 4.2, specially in servers where I have higher ping, I think I lag less now, but that is just my case, do not know how is for other guys.

I came later on PSD server again, and we played preety much whole day, I came several times, we played 2:2, 4:4, 5:5 or even more players, and besides tiny lags for few seconds, for me game worked fine. All were mostly happy, we laughed, teased, admins were there, there were guys with high ping, but game was way more playable. I seriously enjoyed.

About WH and so called lag I totally agree, so I am 100 % positive there are just guys with abuses who lag others or use weird things what you can detect very easy specially if you duck and change position and he still knows where you are even after you changed position and he has not saw, or you just sense that you cant fire on proper way (your guns react slower), what is hilarious because game worked later just fine with even 10-15 people. When game works just fine I am happy despite win or loss, important is company. Besides I like when all people win, sometimes I change teams to help others, that is just right thing to do.

What I like in UrT is that forums are very polite, servers and people are very cool and better with each new version, and you guys do great job. I really like this game.

This post has been edited by Luckycro: 13 February 2017 - 01:58 PM

#5 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

• Account: vortex2

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:38 PM

I've always done my best to see any disadvantage due to someone being ignorant not as deterimental to my own development nor my enjoyment of the game, but as a challenge which can only be advantageous in the end. I have always had faith that someday everything would be made fool-proof, that cheaters would be caught or that proper protection would be made available.

The sad truth is, people are cheating in CS:GO right now and some of them claim to be professional players.

The reality is, the game industry is full of sick people who project their illness to others without second thought. This is partially, I think, why games like H1Z1 and DayZ have become popular stream titles and have been enjoyable as a release for some people. It's like an art, because it is an interactive symbolic metaphor for the state of the world which, as we all know quite well in our right mind, can and very well should exist in a state of absolute perfection...

Anyway, I'm always glad to see someone who has 'survived' the experience of playing with a cheater or someone who is clearly trying to gain an unfair advantage (in their mind) and while I have speculated endlessly about how and why someone could possibly do such a thing and what they might hope to gain, the only conclusion is that it's something we need to deal with.

Thanks for sharing what's on your mind Luckycro, and thanks for sticking with Urban Terror. :)

EDIT:
Remember, you can't really tell someone what to do, say or think... you have to let someone realize the correlation between doing wrong and suffering on their own terms. It always helps to stay positive in your reaction, because it shows the person that their behaviour is unacceptable and that you're not willing to retaliate in a way which would further encourage them. This is kinda like what religious people and Buddhists do... we all have our own way of dealing with these things and it's often very personal. Don't let it get to you :) and stay focused on your own play ;)

This post has been edited by Vortex2: 13 February 2017 - 11:08 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:46 PM

View PostVortex2, on 13 February 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

I've always done my best to see any disadvantage due to someone being ignorant not as deterimental to my own development nor my enjoyment of the game, but as a challenge which can only be advantageous in the end. I have always had faith that someday everything would be made fool-proof, that cheaters would be caught or that proper protection would be made available.

The sad truth is, people are cheating in CS:GO right now and some of them claim to be professional players.

The reality is, the game industry is full of sick people who project their illness to others without second thought. This is partially, I think, why games like H1Z1 and DayZ have become popular stream titles and have been enjoyable as a release for some people. It's like an art, because it is an interactive symbolic metaphor for the state of the world which, as we all know quite well in our right mind, can and very well should exist in a state of absolute perfection...

Anyway, I'm always glad to see someone who has 'survived' the experience of playing with a cheater or someone who is clearly trying to gain an unfair advantage (in their mind) and while I have speculated endlessly about how and why someone could possibly do such a thing and what they might hope to gain, the only conclusion is that it's something we need to deal with.

Thanks for sharing what's on your mind Luckycro, and thanks for sticking with Urban Terror. :)

EDIT:
Remember, you can't really tell someone what to do, say or think... you have to let someone realize the correlation between doing wrong and suffering on their own terms. It always helps to stay positive in your reaction, because it shows the person that their behaviour is unacceptable and that you're not willing to retaliate in a way which would further encourage them. This is kinda like what religious people and Buddhists do... we all have our own way of dealing with these things and it's often very personal. Don't let it get to you :) and stay focused on your own play ;)

Hi, thank you for seriously cool words and I agree with you. As you said key is to stay calm and to ignore them. I will tell you how is possible to solve that. I will try to be short, but I started with that today and I see already improvement in my gameplay.

1. People who are cheaters will really call themself "level one players", they will denny that they lost from other guys "who they dont respect", and they will try to ruin game or bully all people will fake nicknames or impersonating when they dont have advantage anymore, sadly I saw that in some games. Kids, or just weird people? I dont care. I dont mind, their life, I dont judge anyone. If that makes them happy..... Fine with me.

I saw on Deus Ex such things and I remember they called DD clan, as delusional, halucinations, and similar words when we said to people on forums that there is for sure wallhack, fps rate abuse, aimbot etc etc. Funny later was all prooved as correct. So you judge for yourself. I dont say I am right in here too, but you just have weird feeling when something is not right. And when game works good with 10 people and lags always with one guy even with 4 people who have normal ping, that is seriously weird.

2. When you see weird things like lag, good player.... Dont be scared, or nervous...... Stay calm, it is just game, stay relaxed, focused, and enjoy in game..... Your hands will stay calm and you will be back in the game..... If lag or anger takes over, you will have even worse score. So dont be afraid of anyone, stay calm, positive and it will be better. If not, just quit, and return back later, its not worth to ruin your score or temper on lag. Its just a game, and key point is to enjoy in a game. Remember that, rather talk with people in some jump server or have fun even if you win or loose.

If you cant win directly, go on tactics, ignore when they say why you run, why whole map..... Maps are designed to move on them, so dont let anyone to move you into trap, play with good tactics. If they start to rage, you know you make good things. Besides tactical play always helps against any cheater.

Solution:

- Games with internet tournaments have REAL TIME protection where they ban EVERY single user who joins to their servers with modified or added files (different than original). On such way they remove manipulation.
- Some also have protection where users can not even modify setup files.
- Tournament games should have caped maximum FPS so that difference between users cant be big.
- Updates of game should be made directly in game, because UrT loses some players with every new version becaouse of older versions. Right now we must have more versions to stay in touch with older servers and gaming friends.

Those things can help, I hope. Anyway UrT is seriously great game, and people should play it. Every day I see new people, cool guys, and I seriously enjoy in game last few days. As I say you guys are great, starting from game stuff, development, forum, updates, etc etc. One more time, thank you for great post, and cool words.

This post has been edited by Luckycro: 13 February 2017 - 11:58 PM

#7 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

• Account: vortex2

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:56 PM

View PostLuckycro, on 13 February 2017 - 11:46 PM, said:

Solution:

Games with internet tournaments have REAL TIME protection where they ban EVERY single user who joins to their servers with modified or added files (different than original). On such way they remove manipulation.

Some also have protection where users can not even modify setup files.

Tournament games should have caped maximum FPS so that difference between users cant be big.

Updates of game should be made directly in game, because UrT looses some players with every new version becaouse of older versions. Right now we must have more versions to stay in touch with older servers and gaming friends.

Those things can help, I hope. Anyway UrT is seriously great game, and people should play it. Every day I see new people, cool guys, and I seriously enjoy in game last few days. As I say you guys are great, starting from game stuff, development, updates, etc.

YES, pls. I heard someone say the other day on a CS:GO stream that a league config can be sound enough to identify even the smallest change to the code and how the game should function throughout the match... so this way, if anything irregular happens there is no way to mask it because something is different. I can't wait :D

This post has been edited by Vortex2: 14 February 2017 - 12:08 AM

#8 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:03 AM

View PostVortex2, on 13 February 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

YES, pls. I heard someone say the other day on a CS:GO stream that a league config can be sound enough to identify even the smallest change to the code and how the game should function throughout the match... so this way, if anything irregular happens there is no way to mask it because something is different. I can't wait :D

Yep, there is always way to make our gaming safe and clean. On that way we can all enjoy. UrT has great developers, so far game is improved a lot, no doubt in future will be even better.

#9 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:48 PM

- Games with internet tournaments have REAL TIME protection where they ban EVERY single user who joins to their servers with modified or added files (different than original). On such way they remove manipulation.

Well, you can just add any random pk3 to your game data and it will be loaded. Literally every server runs on sv_pure 1. It however has to be mentioned that there are ways around this.

- Some also have protection where users can not even modify setup files.

Plz dont. Thats one of the worst things. If there are settings, i would like to change them. All the customization in UrT is great, and none of it can really be "abused"

- Tournament games should have caped maximum FPS so that difference between users cant be big.

I can literally see/feel the difference between 125 and 100 fps in UrT 4.x. So cap it at 125, which is already in place by the engine :P

- Updates of game should be made directly in game, because UrT loses some players with every new version because of older versions. Right now we must have more versions to stay in touch with older servers and gaming friends.

This is one of the biggest issues with UrT. Updates split the community. However, there is the updater, which is nothing different but the launcher every MMO or similar has. Sure a button within the game would be nice, but imo the biggest issue here is servers not updating "fast enough". People will easily ignore the update notification in game, if they can still play on their favorite server.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#10 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:13 PM

View PostIye, on 14 February 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

Well, you can just add any random pk3 to your game data and it will be loaded. Literally every server runs on sv_pure 1. It however has to be mentioned that there are ways around this.

Plz dont. Thats one of the worst things. If there are settings, i would like to change them. All the customization in UrT is great, and none of it can really be "abused"

I can literally see/feel the difference between 125 and 100 fps in UrT 4.x. So cap it at 125, which is already in place by the engine :P

This is one of the biggest issues with UrT. Updates split the community. However, there is the updater, which is nothing different but the launcher every MMO or similar has. Sure a button within the game would be nice, but imo the biggest issue here is servers not updating "fast enough". People will easily ignore the update notification in game, if they can still play on their favorite server.

How about that you guys contact people in advance on forum (server owners) or just make forced update option in the game, and you can put then notification for people as you did in latest version + notification for server owners when you enter in game. I understand that feel free option is always better, but I will be honest with you, when I was half year old user of UrT I had no clue (nor knew about update) of the game. I just saw there is less people and servers and I had no clue why and what is happening and where to update.

It is hard to say what is best, but unique version of game with "must to have" update would solve much issues, while server owners can easily switch to new version, I guess?

I also understand that many people do not like to update or they just want to play, so some would not be happy to spend those 5-10 minutes how much they maybe have, to update game. But seriously update does not last that long to make much problems. At least I think so?

But I understand your vision, UrT is fully free game where every user can do what he wants and when he want, basides that is why you guys have forum, visible new versions of game, and notifications. You guys decided to go on safe card what is often best. I just asked. Thanks for explanation.

This post has been edited by Luckycro: 17 February 2017 - 07:21 PM

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942