Urban Terror Forums: New Servers Coming - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Servers Coming Rate Topic: -----

New to the game, along with new servers.

#1 User is offline   Oblivion1204 Icon

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

Hey guys, I've been told a lot of about this game, and after throwing up a server 3 days ago, and playing it for the last week. I have decided to bring in 2 more servers. I currently have a server setup named: "bukkake @ non-automatics" (Classy Name Right?) pretty interesting setup that I was suggested to setup since it use to be very popular. Next 2 servers I will bring will be a full on TDM, and a Jump server for all you experienced jumpers out there.

I'm a full-time re-seller/dedicated server host. I have server racks in from the USA, South America, UK, Germany, France, & Australia. I host multiple game servers from CS:S CS:GO, Quake, and some websites. I sell VPNS, and bare metal servers as well. However this is not about what I do, so stop by anytime and have a game with us.

Here is the current IP: 45.55.248.6:27960

UPDATE #1
Also to add, we launched a IRC channel called #ny in irc.quakenet.org
Feel free to join us there. I'm on 24/7

Thanks guys.

This post has been edited by Oblivion1204: 09 March 2017 - 10:40 AM

#3 User is offline   Oblivion1204 Icon

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:37 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 09 March 2017 - 05:06 AM, said:

Always nice to see members of the community contributing.

I'm glad I can help contribute to the UT community. If anyone would like to assist me, or interested in shape, way, or form. Just let me know.

Also to add, we launched a IRC channel called #ny in irc.quakenet.org
Feel free to join us there. I'm on 24/7

This post has been edited by Oblivion1204: 09 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

#4 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 09 March 2017 - 05:06 AM, said:

Always nice to see members of the community contributing.

Yet, there are still too many servers out there considering UrT playerbase.
It's indeed nice to see people contributing, but maybe is better to have less (well managed) servers. Posted Image

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   DragonHeart Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: dragonheart

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:07 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 14 March 2017 - 02:21 AM, said:

I have a few non-destructive ideas but what do you guys think?

Make us server owners pay a monthly nominal fee to FS for each server we own/run.
This way you guys get some funds and it will weed out most of the servers that sit there idle for months/years.
I am pretty sure a server owner isn't going to want to pay for a continually empty server.
Charging server owners a nominal monthly fee per server for access to the master list doesnt seem an unreasonable thing to me. This way those that pay will have their servers "advertised" and if you want a private server, no charge to them but players would have to know the IP to access it.

Men are like Pantyhose.
Some run... some cling... and some just don't fit right in the crotch! :D

Forever-Angels

#7 User is offline   travmon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: travmon

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:06 AM

I cannot see me paying more funds than i already do for servers based on doing things with "dead stuff" out a bit of donations to "FSL" FA appears to be overpopulated with high pingers @ low rate not really playing UrT as it should be played. Servers with over 18 slots killed UrT. That being said <peace love and happiness FRAG on!!!
I play on coreduo@3.3Ghz nvida 750 and athlon64@2.4Ghz ati 4350 and acer laptop celeron 2.4Ghz intel all on a 1.5/0.5 Mbps connection where 4.3.1 snaps/sv_fps 60 is best for me with cl_maxpackets 125 rate 25000+

This post has been edited by travmon: 14 March 2017 - 04:36 AM

#8 User is offline   Oblivion1204 Icon

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

I wouldn't mind throwing paying a small fee to access master servers. Like I said above, I'm a dedicated host and can afford to put up dozens of servers around the country. So with that said, this is just talk and I certainly see points. Too many servers, and less players. So I could hold back on bringing more servers until maybe UT HD comes into play? Hopefully soon right? I have one server up right now, seems to get some attention every now and then. bukkake @ non-automatics, stop by and have a game with no automatic weapons and CTF. Test your skills out. Also, running b3 bot with slight modifications.

#10 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

• Account: vortex2

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 15 March 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

...a year from now...

Posted Image

*changes home screen wallpaper*

This post has been edited by Vortex2: 15 March 2017 - 02:54 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942