Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

Server Set Up Help Rate Topic: -----

I would like somebody help me to figure out what I am doing wrong

#1 User is offline   Cyground Icon

• Account: cyground

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

Greetings,

My name is Cyground, and I have been trying to set up an Urban Terror Dedicated Server for an school project. I followed the tutorials posted by the user Nico, but it didn't work. Also, I followed the tutorials from the main web site and it didn't work either. I am reporting two problems.

The first one is trying to run local server from Linux (Ubuntu distro). It will not appear on my Windows 10 network. On the other hand, if I run the game in Windows 10, I can perfectly see it an join from my Linux machine. I attached some screen-shots down this.

This is hosting the server in Windows 10 and joining from Ubuntu
Posted Image

This is hosting the server in Ubuntu and trying to join from Windows 10. As you see, it didn't show anything. I pressed refresh list and nothing happened. Also, I tried by erasing the servercache data in Windows 10, but it didn't work.
Posted Image

The second problem is that I am trying to create a dedicated server in a local network. But is not being detected from either both machines. I can only thing that or I am probably missing some configuration in my server.cfg or a problem with the iptables. However, I would like to consult it with y'all first. I attached some images of the issues.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those are the copy of my server.cfg, start.sh, and autoexec.cfg

server.cfg:

set sv_hostname "Cy's Terror"
set sv_cheats "1"
set sv_joinmessage "Bienveutu a Nostro Server"
set g_motd "Orlando's Terror Presented by Cyground"
bot_enable "1"
addbot Puma 4 Blue 76 =lvl1=Puma
addbot Cobra 4 Red 76 =lvl1=Cobra

start.sh:

#!/bin/bash
while true
do
/home/ubu-orlando/Downloads/UrbanTerror43/Quake3-UrT-Ded.x86_64 +set fs_game q3ut4 +set fs_basepath /home/ubu-orlando/Downloads/UrbanTerror43/ +set fs_homepath /home/ubu-orlando/Downloads/UrbanTerror43/ +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 128 +exec server.cfg
echo "server crashed on `date`" > last_crash.txt
done

autoexec.cfg

// In this file you can define settings that will be executed everytime Urban Terror is launched. They will not get overwritten.
// Lines starting with // are ignored.
// Example 1: exec yourconfig.cfg
// Example 2: set cg_fov "100"
// Example 3: bind x ut_weaptoggle knife

devmap
sv_cheats "1"
bot_enable "1"
set bot_enable 1
addbot Puma 4 Blue 76 =lvl1=Puma
addbot Cobra 4 Red 76 =lvl1=Cobra

I apologize for the long post, but I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me. Because is for a project that I have to submit but is getting me crazy. I am a rookie in Linux so I am trying to learn how administrate servers on it. I would appreciate an answer. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Cyground

#2 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

I think dedicated "2" is Internet, so it possibly wont show up in local.

Anyway, a few things to note:
  • Use the server_example.cfg, it contains all the variables you need, as well as descriptions for them.
  • I dont think you need the +set *_path when starting a dedicated server (not sure though). On win you def dont need them, it will use the path of the executable. Linux might be different.
  • I dont see a reason for this while true \n do thingy. a simple ./executable [args] >> file.txt 2>&1 should do. (this will also redirect stderr to the file)

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:14 PM

"dedicated 2" is internet only
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#4 User is offline   Cyground Icon

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

View PostNitro, on 26 March 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

"dedicated 2" is internet only

So it should be Dedicated 1?, what about the commands for the server.cfg. In Linux, I think they need to contain the parameter of +set <cvar> <value> right?

#5 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:49 AM

Dedicated 1 if you want it to show up in the "local" tab, yes. Otherwise it will be in the "Internet" tab (assuming you allow your server and clients to connect to the master server).

The config's are just fine as is. They are read by the game and thus arent OS dependent. the +COMMAND syntax is used to pass the executable commands on startup. Such as loading a config or setting the path (later one HAS to be done that way, as the path variables are protected one the engine is started. This syntax is the same for all OS as well.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Cyground Icon

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:21 AM

I appreciate it both response Nitro and Iye but I still not able to see my server listed even in a quick match if I use a Unix machine as Host. I tried to by running a VM with Fedora. I set up the game and everything but still not working. Through the VM I can see the Windows's Server but not the server created by the VM. I understand that it might be by the protocols but I would really appreciate if a response. Because I am trying to set up the main server in a Ubuntu based machine, not VM, connected in a local network. If somebody has any idea and could let me know, answer this post or send me a PM thru inbox. Thanks again.

This post has been edited by Cyground: 28 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

#7 User is offline   travmon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: travmon

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:50 AM

View PostCyground, on 28 March 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

I appreciate it but response Nitro and Iye but I still not able to see my server listed even in a quick match if I use a Unix machine as Host. I tried to by running a VM with Fedora. I set up the game and everything but still not working. Through the VM I can see the Windows's Server but not the server created by the VM. I understand that it might be by the protocols but I would really appreciate if a response. Because I am trying to set up the main server in a Ubuntu based machine, not VM, connected in a local network. If somebody has any idea and could let me know, answer this post or send me a PM thru inbox. Thanks again.

sounds like a firewall, try opening the port on the linux os

#8 User is offline   Cyground Icon

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

View Posttravmon, on 28 March 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

sounds like a firewall, try opening the port on the linux os

I did but nothing happened, now is not even detecting the server hosted in Windows 10

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942