Urban Terror Forums: Connot connect to a working server, server disappears from the list - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Connot connect to a working server, server disappears from the list Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   monstro Icon

• Account: monstro

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:51 PM

Hi, not sure why this is happening.

I open a list of servers:

Posted Image

Next, I select "Eos2.Confluvium Intruder", but I gent "Awaiting gamestate..." message that doesn't go away:

Posted Image

I cancel, and when I refresh a list of servers, this server disappears from the list:

Posted Image

Next day if I try it again - same story.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on?

#2 User is offline   schroeder Icon

• Account: schroeder

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

Monstro -

I could not find the player "monstro" in my server log.

Please post your player name here (exact spelling please, including any funny symbols if used) and I'll check.

#3 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:51 PM

Hm. last time i had that issue, it was my firewall coming up with an amazing corporate firewall security feature and detecting some sort of issue with the packets. (i just disabled that rule...), so i guess checking that would be an idea for what you can do on your end.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#4 User is offline   monstro Icon

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:11 PM

View PostIye, on 05 July 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

Hm. last time i had that issue, it was my firewall coming up with an amazing corporate firewall security feature and detecting some sort of issue with the packets. (i just disabled that rule...), so i guess checking that would be an idea for what you can do on your end.

Turned FW OFF - no result.

#5 User is offline   monstro Icon

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

View Postschroeder, on 04 July 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

Monstro -

I could not find the player "monstro" in my server log.

Please post your player name here (exact spelling please, including any funny symbols if used) and I'll check.

try "doublepenetration" :) I mean thats the nick ;)

This post has been edited by monstro: 08 July 2017 - 02:26 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   schroeder Icon

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:27 AM

View Postmonstro, on 07 July 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

try "doublepenetration" :) I mean thats the nick ;)

Hey old timer! Sorry no doublepenetration on my firewall log in the last 3.3 days of uptime. I recall you've played here recently under that name. Have you tried connecting to other (non-Confluvium) servers?

=======

EDIT: I have a hunch. I think you are getting pranked - re-enter your player name as "doublepenetration" and try again. If that doesn't work, do you have TS3 client installed?

This post has been edited by schroeder: 08 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

#7 User is offline   monstro Icon

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

View Postschroeder, on 08 July 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

Hey old timer! Sorry no doublepenetration on my firewall log in the last 3.3 days of uptime. I recall you've played here recently under that name. Have you tried connecting to other (non-Confluvium) servers?

Yes, I can open Monkey's PlaygroundTDM432 and other servers, but they are all empty for some reason, I mean, no live players...

This post has been edited by monstro: 08 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

#8 User is offline   schroeder Icon

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

View Postmonstro, on 08 July 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

Yes, I can open Monkey's PlaygroundTDM432 and other servers, but they are all empty for some reason, I mean, no live players...

Please re-enter your playername as "doublepenetration" and try again. Don't forget to turn your firewall back on, and you should be fine.

#9 User is offline   monstro Icon

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

View Postschroeder, on 08 July 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

Please re-enter your playername as "doublepenetration" and try again. Don't forget to turn your firewall back on, and you should be fine.

Just tried that, but Confluvium servers dont even show up in the list :(

I recall this problem just started by itself without me changing or touching anything.

As I mentioned in the beginning, the servers do appear in the list after some time, usually on the next day or so, but when click on the server to connect, I get "Awaiting gamestate..." message that doesnt go away. So, I click Esc to exit back to the list, refresh the list and the server name is gone, this happens for both Confluvium TDM servers.

Some other servers also hang with "Awaiting connection..." "Awaiting screenshot..." messages, while some do connect. But, there are practically no servers with players (not bots) in my list. Where are all the servers with players, do you guys have similar list with nothing?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by monstro: 08 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

#10 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:57 AM

There is a lot more servers than players, especially if you come at the wrong time.

Like i mentioned you can filter empty servers by clicking on "view empty" bottom right.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942