• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Basic Questions... Rate Topic: -----

yes, I read everything I could find....

#1 User is offline   Ds1 Icon

• Account: ds1

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:19 AM

Hello,
Old lan-player here where UT was ALWAYS a favorite and just found you guys again!

Can the current version be downloaded and played OFFLINE by one person with a bunch of bots?

Does anyone play online through a satellite connection? Or must you be on a hardline (I'm out in the country...) in order to play on a server?

Huge thank you and my apologies if this is listed somewhere but I could not find it.

thanks thanks!!

#2 User is offline   travmon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: travmon

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:48 PM

View PostDs1, on 11 July 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

Hello,
Old lan-player here where UT was ALWAYS a favorite and just found you guys again!

Can the current version be downloaded and played OFFLINE by one person with a bunch of bots?

Does anyone play online through a satellite connection? Or must you be on a hardline (I'm out in the country...) in order to play on a server?

Huge thank you and my apologies if this is listed somewhere but I could not find it.

thanks thanks!!

Yes you can play offline with bots by dropping down console with tilde key (Alternatively referred to as the squiggly ( ~ ) below the Esc key and on the same key as the back quote that resembles a squiggly line) use /bot_enable 1 then /bot_minplayers 6 and /map abbey. useful commands, /g_gametype, /reload. gametype defaults to (7)ctf. Satellite will be ok to play online.

#3 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

View Posttravmon, on 11 July 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

Satellite will be ok to play online.

Questionable. I personally would "flame" you for a that (assumed) ping. Ok. i might not, but honestly, there is a physical bound to what you can get in connection speed from satellite, and it might not be "playable".
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#4 User is offline   Ds1 Icon

• Account: ds1

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

HUGE THANK YOU!

Have not played in at least 10 years and had a blast playing again. We are getting closer to hardwired internet so hopefully I can join in soon.

Thanks thanks!!

#5 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

Just to clarify, i wont stop you from trying to play via satellite, just "politely" pointing out that it may no be to your or other people liking :P

Go ahead and try, im actually interested in how bad/good it is :)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Aasaaronsson Icon

• Account: aasaaronsson

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:33 PM

Just wanted to say thanks a lot for a great game!!!

#7 User is offline   PUFF Icon

• Account: puff

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:06 PM

Hello UrT friends! I have been away for many years but have returned to the greatest gaming community in existence! Somehow my enthusiasm for the the CTF gaming has me banned from the UrT4 CTF EAST . I am sure it is my fault but I would really like to fix it! I have been trying to contact the EAST peeps with no luck. Can you help me? I just want to play CTF and enjoy this great game once again! Happy Hollidays All and see you on the Capture maps!

Love,
PUFF

#8 User is offline   travmon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: travmon

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostPUFF, on 07 December 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Hello UrT friends! I have been away for many years but have returned to the greatest gaming community in existence! Somehow my enthusiasm for the the CTF gaming has me banned from the UrT4 CTF EAST . I am sure it is my fault but I would really like to fix it! I have been trying to contact the EAST peeps with no luck. Can you help me? I just want to play CTF and enjoy this great game once again! Happy Hollidays All and see you on the Capture maps!

Love,
PUFF

http://www.urtctf.com/

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942