• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

condump question.. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: drunkrabbit
  • Main tag: |RFA|

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

Is there a cvar or a script that will automatically start a condump on the beginning of joining a map? Client side, not server side.I know I can do this in the console manually at the start of a map, but It would be nice to have it auto start. OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan.

Also..Is there a way to do a chat only condump?

Thank you..

This post has been edited by drunkrabbit: 13 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:53 PM

i dont think there is any way to automate condump. You could however just use the logfile, which would have the same effect :)
logfile 1 would write to the file buffered, logfile 2 would be instantaneous (i think)

As to filter for just chat, i dont think it is possible to do this. You could however run a regex parser over your logs afterwards :P

[:alphanum:]+\:[:alphanum:]*

or something like that. been a while since i did regex :)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

View PostIye, on 13 August 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

i dont think there is any way to automate condump. You could however just use the logfile, which would have the same effect :)
logfile 1 would write to the file buffered, logfile 2 would be instantaneous (i think)

As to filter for just chat, i dont think it is possible to do this. You could however run a regex parser over your logs afterwards :P

[:alphanum:]+\:[:alphanum:]*

or something like that. been a while since i did regex :)

Hey Iye, Logfile 1 works like a treat. Unlike condump..All the chat is in it. Also it keeps recording the next game with no overwrites. It leaves a text in my UrT client folder.

Which then will open the log file on my computer. I can at this point open it with a Mac app called BBEdit and input the name of the person who is being a prick and have all his recorded chat..

Edit ..After playing around with this.. I can leave the server, and later if I rejoin.. I can input logfile 1 and it simply writes to the old log file.

Nice.. Thank you! :)

This post has been edited by drunkrabbit: 13 August 2017 - 06:26 PM

#4 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:56 PM

One more note:
the logfile will be reset when you restart the client, just keep this in mind in case you want to do more with the log.
In case you want to keep the logs, you could add a script to your client startup setting the cvar logfilename to a new file each time you start the game.

#5 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

View PostIye, on 13 August 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

One more note:
the logfile will be reset when you restart the client, just keep this in mind in case you want to do more with the log.
In case you want to keep the logs, you could add a script to your client startup setting the cvar logfilename to a new file each time you start the game.

Actually this is not happening and I'm very surprised. It seems using logfile 1 keeps a continuous log file even if I log in or out of my client.. I did make this cvar which seems to work.. I put it in my autoexec.

seta Logfile "1"

I now auto log in to my log file. It does not overwrite and simply adds on to the original log file.

Remember I'm in OSX, so I don't know this will work in Linux or Windows.

This post has been edited by drunkrabbit: 13 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

Interesting. On windows the logfile is always reset, regardless how i give the logfile 1 to the executable. (via launch option of autoexec).

#7 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

View PostIye, on 13 August 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

Interesting. On windows the logfile is always reset, regardless how i give the logfile 1 to the executable. (via launch option of autoexec).

I'm happy it works.. Who knows why.. It makes a text in my UrT folder called qconsole.log. When I open it..It takes me to my OSX logs. I can then save the log as a text and do searches, etc.

Edit,,, I was wrong..heh.. It does keep 1 continuous file as long as I am on the server. If I shut down the client and rejoin it does overwrite. I'll have to remember to copy it after I leave the game.

This post has been edited by drunkrabbit: 14 August 2017 - 05:49 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942