Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Auth problem Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Colaindosen Icon

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:45 AM

hey, ive tried to find more on this but had no luck so far.

my problem is that i cant play any more UT!!! so when i press log in on the launcher i need to put my AUTH key (which i changed after i started getting this error) which gives me the error message:

Your new auth key is saved.
To prevent auth abuses, you can't use it now-
To auth with this new key,you will have to restart the game.

also the bottom left corner of the screen reads "Auth error: authserver not available" after the message.

i had this problem since around last may, but never got around to asking for help.
any input is appreciated!
i play on mac os sierra.

#2 User is offline   travmon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: travmon

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:00 PM

If you still have a 4.2 you can copy the authkey file from there to your current folder, start game and be logged in already. always backup your cfg's :)

#3 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

View Posttravmon, on 07 November 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

If you still have a 4.2 you can copy the authkey file from there to your current folder, start game and be logged in already. always backup your cfg's :)

Which probably wouldnt work, as OP said he changed it as he got this error.

I suggest backing up the authkey file in your game basepath (e.g. just rename it to something different), start the game, close it, and name the authkey back.
You may also try this with a new authkey. Note that the authkey file just contains your authkey string, you can simply paste it in there.

However, this "auth server unavailable" msg seems strange to me. I've not heard of it (which doesnt really mean a lot), but it sounds like, well, your client cant reach the auth server. Possibly check your firewall/AV/network setup, maybe that msg is actually right. xD
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#4 User is offline   Colaindosen Icon

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

hmmm i have my firewall turned off, i added exceptions for UrT just in case. still does not work.
i don't think i have some sort of "other firewall" (hope you know what i mean) but i'm checking atm. i only have some vpn services. (as far as i know, somehow this laptop is hiding files from me for some reason. i turned that off tho, not sure what that's about...)
i cant find the authkey file? i'm looking into the urtupdater and quake3-urt packages.
i just reinstalled UrT but that didn't seem to help either.

#5 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:48 AM

Well, if you never logged in successfully, it may not exist. It should be located in the q3ut4 folder. If its not there, just create a plain text file, call it authkey (no file ending) and paste your qkey into it.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Colaindosen Icon

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:27 PM

View PostIye, on 08 November 2017 - 01:48 AM, said:

Well, if you never logged in successfully, it may not exist. It should be located in the q3ut4 folder. If its not there, just create a plain text file, call it authkey (no file ending) and paste your qkey into it.

ok i did that. still no luck.
also firewall is disabled so im not sure where the problem is. im playing on version 4.3.2

#7 User is offline   L1d3r Icon

• Account: l1d3r

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:00 PM

Boa tarde ,eu gostaria de saber como alugar um servidor do urt 4.3.2 eu não consigo encontrar nada

#8 User is offline   travmon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: travmon

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

View PostL1d3r, on 24 November 2017 - 07:00 PM, said:

Boa tarde ,eu gostaria de saber como alugar um servidor do urt 4.3.2 eu não consigo encontrar nada

wrong thread to post in, Better off creating you own server on some vps. You should learn how to search before running game servers :) UrT Rental Servers

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942