• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Strange proposal - UT in the BGE Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nikolasm Icon

• Account: nikolasm

Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

Hi everyone.
Peace to you.

I've played your game a few times, and I even liked the concept of it. I myself am doing a little (study) the production of games in BGE (Blender 3d), here are my examples under the license CC0 1.0 - My channel
Disadvantages of the game on the old engine:
- there are no shadows - in BGE there are two options
- no AA samples
- no maps - normal, specular
- very low performance even at low settings (30-35 FPS) - in BGE I would have under 60 and with shadows and all maps + - 10 FPS
- very low-poly models
- for further development, the complexity of export / import and development is wholly - and with Blender, everything starts where it is modeled.

Even though BGE ceased to support, it is already good enough and GPL. It already has a baking system, a system of excellent rendering (Cycles), and the animation and modeling system will suffice. Plus to that, Python.
I think that UT, it would look much more beautiful on BGE, even with the motto - Fun Over Realism. And at the same time, the FPS may even have risen.
Do you think that such an option is possible? I for example would not mind participating in such an implementation.
So I experimented a little with the old textures, a little changed the perception:
link
* this is too rough and fast work
Of course, the map of lighting and SSAO in the game can be baked, and it depends on the performance, of course there are shaders and fogs, much more, and a good enough level...

Thank you for attention. Email me

Nikolas Manchul

p.s. I know that below on the forum there is a different section, but there is no such thing like

#3 User is offline   Nikolasm Icon

Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 27 July 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

We're using Unreal Engine 4 for the next version of UrT.

- - No problem, man. And how long ago, and at what stage are you now? - at least from the corner of eye to look at me at least on the ART level concept.

This post has been edited by Nikolasm: 28 July 2018 - 01:27 PM

#4 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:43 PM

Here are a few resources to see whats out for UrT: Resurgence already:

FS Dev Blogs
Frankie V's youtube channel
The official UrT youtube channel
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#5 User is offline   Nikolasm Icon

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:13 PM

View PostIye, on 28 July 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

Here are a few resources to see whats out for UrT: Resurgence already:

- thank you for the links, I looked, like everything is cool. Unreal generally excellent engines ... but a lot more work on the project, probably minimal system resources will increase, like the issue of free game ... - Unreal requires a kind of deductions.
Good luck.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942