Urban Terror Forums: Please make the Updater not require admin rights - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Please make the Updater not require admin rights Rate Topic: -----

I'm a paranoid idiot

#1 User is offline   Shears Icon

• Account: shears
  • Notoriety: basic

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

Hello, sorry for bothering the devs with something not really related to the game, but could you please make it so the Windows UrTUpdater doesn't ask for admin rights ?

I don't understand why it does, considering that its only function is to download the game's files and copy them in its folder. There is no registry key to add, no files to put in C:SomeAdminOnlyShit, just some game assets and .exes to put in the same folder as UrTUpdater.exe.

The reason I'm asking this is that I'd like to use the updater on computers where I don't *have* an admin account. It's so much more convenient to update it like that, instead of downloading the whole .zip again at each release.

Another reason is that I just don't like programs running as admin for no reason. It makes me less comfortable running the game, especially considering that the updated is connected to the Internet.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that this is the reason why some antiviruses detect it, which worried me a bit.

All in all, it shouldn't be much work since the admin rights are useless here anyway. It's good practice to not have more privilèges than necessary.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Shears: 28 January 2018 - 11:01 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2018 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942