• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestion: AI Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lainee Icon

• Account: lainee
  • Main tag: <|MTC|>

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:54 AM

Hi,

Lot of servers add bots, to complete or allow players to play on their servers.
But except the kind of server where your one vs 20 bots, they usually are easy to kill.
It may be a good idea to make them behave a bit better?

#2 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:14 AM

Well, there are (5?) levels of bot difficulty. However, i got a feeling most servers dont use the "hardest" ones. Also, harder basically only means "less bad aim". Bots do essentially move thier crosshair in a randomized pattern around their target, and the better the bot, the smaller it gets and the more often it will actually aim at the target.

Apart from that, i doubt anything in regards to bots is going to happen in the idtech3 versions of UrT unless a programmer who has the knowledge, time and ambition to dig into decades old code comes along.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:17 PM

The bots are an aimbot-timebomb.
Contact with enemies burns down their fuse.
If you pop your head out from any distance after their fuse has run down, you'll get hit. The difficulty number just seems to decrease their fuse.

They have some silly behaviors.
They do not use their pistol to attack.. usually. But they mark dead enemies by emptying their pistol into them.
They don't bandage very often, and you can generally corral them by shooting their legs.
Some maps don't have "paths" for them to travel, so they stand in place until triggered by an enemy.

I'm not sure if it still crashes, but in 4.1 you needed to have FF off to play with them.
They didn't usually shoot teammates, but if they made enough TKs that the server kicked them, it would crash.

I think they're adorable.
They're kinda nice to have on CTF servers with 4on4 + 2 bots each, as they tend to defend the flag, allowing people more freedom to attack.

#4 User is offline   lainee Icon

• Account: lainee
  • Main tag: <|MTC|>

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

Yes, but they are here to replace players, when one guy of your team leave, the bot became useless. As you said, they have a silly behavior. Wouldn't it be a little more challenging if they could run/walk/crouch to the ennemy and use all their weapons? Actually, servers with bots usually stay empty, it would be fun to have stronger bots front of you don't you think?

#5 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

View PostIye, on 18 January 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

i doubt anything in regards to bots is going to happen in UrT

There are bot improvements that have been made by the community, and again very recently Travmon shared his improved AI code and new bots.

The new bots are stronger and smarter. He also fixed the old ones so that they actually know how to handle the new weapons, and updated the ones that were using flashnades (as they are currently deactivated in 4.3).

The bot files will be added "soon" on github, so people will be able to push the improvements even further I hope.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942