Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Custom kill/hitsounds? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   AyyKyu Icon

• Account: ayykyu

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:46 PM

So I've been trying to import some of the custom hit and kill sounds that I'm used to over many games and had no luck at all. Replacing the files right in the .pk3 archive causes this specific archive to stop working properly once connected to a server. Loading up an another .pk3 over the one with the sounds doesn't work, seems to be ignored. Same thing with loose files. Is there any actual way to get custom hit/killsounds in? Or am I stuck with those default bell-type dingalings?

#2 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:19 PM

I think something of the sort was planned, but its not in the game afaik, similar to the custom crosshairs. Whats happening to you is that the sv_pure protection doesn't recognize your custom pk3 (aka the server doesnt know it) and therefore doesn't load it. There is no way around that apart from having your pk3 on the server or playing on non pure servers (and there probably is around 0 of those).
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   AyyKyu Icon

• Account: ayykyu

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:38 AM

View PostIye, on 12 March 2018 - 11:19 PM, said:

I think something of the sort was planned, but its not in the game afaik, similar to the custom crosshairs. Whats happening to you is that the sv_pure protection doesn't recognize your custom pk3 (aka the server doesnt know it) and therefore doesn't load it. There is no way around that apart from having your pk3 on the server or playing on non pure servers (and there probably is around 0 of those).

Thanks for the response, this clears things up. I'm fine with default feedback sounds, but the support for custom ones would be nice at some point. Anyways, that's all I wanted to know, consider this case closed.

#5 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:07 PM

A solution to fix that could be to have a pk3 that is not included in the "purity" check that would contain the elements we want to allow customization on.
Such as the crosshair, killsound, hit sound and perhpas other things I can't think of.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942