Urban Terror Forums: UrT suddenly crashes/quits when loading devmap - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrT suddenly crashes/quits when loading devmap Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Lliil Icon

• Account: lliil

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:03 AM

Thank you for your answers, guys.
snowzz, good to know that the brush limit has to be much higher than suggested.
I do not really know what causes the Urt-Crash, maybe i mapped too sloppy at the last mapping session. I am trying to implement a lot of stuff. Things like printing text on screen when walking in certain spots, different weapons to collect, a hifi-stereo-system in a room, a lot of breakable things, liquids etc...so it is not that easy to keep the overview.
i messed up with shaders and directories in a first stupid, affectual reaction, when this crash the first time occures. Took me a lot of time to bring the whole installation back to a working state on my imac, you can imagine. :D

But for now, all is fine. When the next crash is coming, i'm gonna post in here.
Thank you guys.

#12 User is offline   Lliil Icon

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:33 AM

Ok, i realize, that UT crashes every time, when i clone (copy and paste) a lot of brushes more than 1 or 2 times. I have to delete a few of the clones to get the map working again...strange behaviour and workintense...

#13 User is offline   Snowball Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: snowball

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:07 AM

Strange, copy and pasting is the normal work method if you're making a map. You should be able to copy and paste tons of brushes.

I think there had to be some other problem with your brushes.

This post has been edited by snowzz: 07 May 2018 - 10:15 AM

#14 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

Are you possibly copying certain entities?
copyint things like a e.g. func_rotating is pretty bad. Actually copy pasting any brush entity might fail, not sure though
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#15 User is offline   Lliil Icon

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

Hey Iye,
your Suggestion was right. I am implementing a lot of Doors, Breakable Windows and Walls. When i copy only brushes, UrT does not Crash and all goes fine.

But i know i copied entities in the past without any Problems. i have had a extensive "entities.def"-file in that time, where even a "stair"-function was defined.

I miss this "entities.def"-file, i can not find it in the WWW anymore, only a smaller one, with fewer functions...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942