• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mac Urban Terror Install Guide Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   HornetOSX (old) Icon

• LocationDenver CO Home of the Av's

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:56 PM

EDIT: by woekele:
This thread was written a while back. It still contains very usefull info, but some stuff may be a bit outdated. Proceed with caution :)

Follow these easy steps  to instal Urban Terror  on your Mac in OSX

1. Buy a Copy of Quake 3, Mac, PeeCee or Linux does nnot matter all you need is the CD Key and the pak0.pk3  off the CD and these are the same cross platform (look for those linux versions they go cheap .. like 10 bucks)

2. Download the Quake3 1.32 Updater which you can get HERE or if you wish to have the G4/G5 ( Altivec enabled) Which you can get  HERE ( this has a small . but kind of annoying sound bug  but gives a better frame rate)

3. Run the 1.32 updater of your choice  Place the quake3 CD in your drive and copy the Pak0.pk3 ( located in the Q3A/quake3/baseq3/folder on the CD )  To the /Applications/Quake3/baseq3/ folder on your hard drive

4. Run the Punkbuster installer located in the /Applications/Quake3/ folderon your hard drive.

5. Launch Quake3.  enter your CD key when asked.  Drop the console  ( the ~ key on US keyboards F13 on non US keyboards) enter this command "/PB_CL_ENABLE "  With out the "" of course.

6. Quit Quake3 (/quit in the console)

7.Download the PBWeb.app Which you can get HERE UnZip and place in the /Users/**YOUR USER NAME**/Application Support/Quake3/PB/ Folder Double click and run .. this will take a bit to run just let it be.

You Now have a fullly updated and ready to run Copy of Quake3 With Punkbuster installed. Lets get Urban Terror on there.

8. Download Urban Terror 3.7 Which you can get From HERE (FSK405) or HERE (NL)

9. Unzip and place the q3ut3 folder  in you /Applications/Quake3/ folder. this folder  MUST be named "q3ut3" ( without the quotes) 

You now have a full Urban Terror installed and ready to rock !

Get your game on !!!!!!!!!

I'm going to leave this topic unlocked for the next week anyone that feels they have changes  I should make .. or mistakes I made let me know and I'll fix. then this topic will be locked to Keep it form getting "Messy"

#2 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

• Locationrepublic.stockholm.se

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:48 PM

Nice one. But two comments;
the 1.32 Altivec version not only has a nasty sound bug but is rather crash prone - only good for benchmarking IMO and absolutely not to be trusted for clan war use.

And Only Mortal

http://homepage.mac.com/only_mortal/

is a nice server scanner/finder in style of ASE, I hope the coder NCG_Mike will update it with support for ET.

cheers

#3 User is offline   HornetOSX (old) Icon

• LocationDenver CO Home of the Av's

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:35 PM

Only Mortal would be goodin the FAQ ..it has nothgin to do with install the in gamebrowser works fine

I use the altivec version and have LITTLE crashing problems..... [/list]

#4 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:54 AM

Only Mortal would be goodin the FAQ ..it has nothgin to do with install the in gamebrowser works fine

Well, lots of people coming from pc or getting help from pc friends ask for something similar to All Seeing Eye or Gheyspy. As long as the in-game browser doesn't display who are playing on a server and lacks a good way to manage a favorites list it's crippled. Also it's rather slow and dependent of the connection to master servers is working. I wouldn't call that 'working fine'.

I use the altivec version and have LITTLE crashing problems.....

Nice for you, I have yet to play a full hour with the Altivec version without it taking a nosedive and ever so often so hard a cold reboot is needed as it can completely lock up my G5 (and previously my G4) so I think a little warning about it would be fair.

cheers

#5 Guest_t3hX

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:04 AM

The AltiVec version screws up every 20 minutes on my PowerBook and isn't much faster than the standard version so I just don't use it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_Chupa Nibre

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:56 AM

The quake 1.32 updater is a dead link.

#7 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:22 AM

No, it's not dead but id software's ftp server is set up in a way that doesn't work with Safari or Finder's 'Connect to server' function. However the link works fine in Firefox.

And this link works in the ftp app 'Transmit' which I can highly recommend.

ftp://ftp.idsoftware...uff/quake3/mac/

(that link probably works OK to show a file list in Firefox as well)

cheers

#8 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:45 PM

try this, as idsoft's ftp is damn slow:
http://www.google.co...ke3-132.pkg.sit

#9 Guest_rodrigov

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:28 PM

both links for the Urban Terror Full are broken...

HERE (FSK405) http://www.fsk405.or...ror3.7_FULL.zip
HERE (NL) ftp://ftp.snt.utwent...rror37_full.zip

#10 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:19 PM

both links for the Urban Terror Full are broken...

HERE (FSK405) http://www.fsk405.or...ror3.7_FULL.zip
HERE (NL) ftp://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/games/urbanterror/urbanterror37_full.zip

Try ftp://ftp.snt.utwent...rror37_full.zip ;)

Anyway, the same guy who made the first version of the Mac Urt launcher a looong time ago, now compiled a mac universal binary based on the source of ioquake3, but with some modifications by me. It does not support PB. It comes in a .dmg file. I dont know much about macs, so if someone could explain to me what it does exactly, that would be nice :P Oh, advantages of this modified executable are that it doesnt  require +set fs_game q3ut3 to start urbanterror and it has some other little things changed. It would be nice if you people could test it. Oh ye, the source is included.

http://sidekick.stud...nTerror-3.7.dmg

screeny: http://sidekick.stud...rT/urbandmg.jpg

Oh, the creator asked if anyone could make a good "drag to your applications folder" background for the .dmg.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942