• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

WTF is up with the models??

#1 User is offline   Nigel Icon

• Account: nigel

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:52 AM

Well I thought I would just stop noticing it after awhile, and that it wouldn't bother me... But it has gooten crazy..

WHY can you not see where another player is looking!!!!???  It makes no sense... Its seems as though they are looking right at you, when in fact they are not.. I don't understand why it should be like this... It adds a whole extra unwanted element to the game.
Maybe it was intentional?  I don't know.  I'm trying to just deal with it... But I decided to ask the Dev Team the question finally.. So please give me a response so that I no longer must wonder "WHY THE FK!" 

Thanks guys =) (and girls)

#2 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:30 AM

Never been a real big issue until you brought it up. I fear we won't have much change as long as we remain with these current animations and without a legitimate animator. BK can only do so much when it comes to the animating, so while they are not perfect, the will do for the game right now. Currently the torso tilts 50% of your pitch versus 100% in 3.7. However in 3.7 you had a hax that would allow you to look straight at the ground and crouch and be able to hide behind a 40 unit tall wall. So we decided to resolve that issue.

#3 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:53 AM

There's a couple of things involved here...

1: lag. Just pingtime. As you know, everyone has ping and the server puts everything together in a 'snapshot' of the world. It may appear to you as if someone is still looking left, even when on his own screen he's already looking to the right. But this is the same in 3.7, so I guess you mean something else.

2: Limitting of looking up and down. The 3.7 models could look all the way down and all the way up. Resulting in 'turtle-hacking'. People quickly looking up and down to not get hit and to hide behind redicilously low ledges. In 4.0, it has been limited to a certain reach.

3: The left/right direction the models appears to look at does not 100% correspond with the direction they are really looking at. This has as Oswald explained to do with the animations.

#4 User is offline   Nigel Icon

• Account: nigel

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:58 AM

Ahh... I see.  That's all I was really looking for was an answer.  It just made me kind of wonder... The biggest thing really is when I'm sneaking up to knife someone or sniping... I'll be looking right at someone through the scope, and they won't be looking at me (as far as I can see) and then BAM!  I'm toast. lol.  It's all good though, it's not like the game is unplayable or anything.  Soon I doubt I'll even notice it =)
UT is a sweet game, and that's the only really issue I had a concern about.  All those other people are bitching about don't really affect me.
Thanks Ossy & woek

#5 User is offline   D33P_FRI3D|poop (old) Icon

• Locationeither at my pc or my gravitational device o(^_^)o

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:06 AM

MAN I USED TO USE THE LOOK DOWN AND DUCK METHOD FOR RUSHING SR8's daily heck even hourly no even minutely it was kinda cheap i agree on the ousting of it. was fun to see ppl get so mad when u ducked into a little ball popped up and pwned there dome though  :lol:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:52 PM

I actually have noticed that general issue and while I personally don't care much, I realize it affects people's perception of the quality of the game in being real life-like.

#7 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

I really don't notice it. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't take the time to see if they're looking at me or not. If I see an enemy, I shoot first, then ask questions.

#8 User is offline   Seph (old) Icon

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:42 PM

I've noticed it before where it would appear the opponent was shooting at someone else, so I took just half a second extra to aim and make sure I'd hit on the first shot, and BAM: me dead. =/

#9 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:44 PM

Welcome to online gaming.

#10 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:56 PM

just because many games do it it doesn't mean you must give up.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942