Urban Terror Forums: Something about the SR8 is bothering me - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (15 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Something about the SR8 is bothering me

#21 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:33 PM

#22 User is offline   Bumper (old) Icon

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:18 PM

Talking about TS

The sr8 is ridiculous in 4.0.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is a god damn liar or an sr8 player.
Saying you need to stop still to shoot is a myth.

Sr8 spas + kevlar = top tier layout.

What it should be is if you take an sr8 then you can't take kevlar.

#23 User is offline   Tidus Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: tidus

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:03 AM

Just snipe them back? You can rush with a sr8 :)

#24 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:30 AM

I am by no means disagreeing, but I have to say that every time I've tried the SR8, I always miss unless I stand completely still. I want to sharpen up my sniping skills so if it is true that I can move and still be accurate, how much movement is okay before a shot is completely borked? I know I can't jump and shoot it but is left and right strafing okay?

#25 User is offline   Mauri (old) Icon

• LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

Move as much as you want, but try to time your shot to when your completely still or moving slowly. Also, movement penalty goes completely away for a split second when you change directions in strafe and that's when you should shoot.
Get your scope ring out and play around with it until you've got the hang of how it works. Then get rid of it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Jaded-Fox (old) Icon

• LocationU.S. Mass.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:31 AM

I think the To help end some of the problems with sr8 camping, is to swich the penalties around. Make it so you need to be moving either, forward, back ,side to side to, and accurate jump shots, but while also strafing left or right mid air.If this becomes too much power then maybe,( I hate to say it), but make it a sinlge shot reload with 5 in the clip. Just like in Aq2(I know os ;) please dont burn me for that one). This should help make snipers more vonerable during reload time.

Second Ida. This one will help the Sr8 in close combat where it is lacking and still keep it with its penaltys the way they are. Give the sr8 a cross hair in no scope mode with normale accuarcy/ penaltys of say an auto. This way snipers dont feel like they are totally fucked up close, and may be more prone to rush.

#27 User is offline   D33P_FRI3D|poop (old) Icon

• Locationeither at my pc or my gravitational device o(^_^)o

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:37 AM

Talking about TS

wow ok if u give me a g36 i will headshot the crap out of ur little sr8 guy and also spas is so noob just shoot em in the head or helmet and ur good bro

#28 User is offline   Bumper (old) Icon

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:56 AM

Talking about TS

Is what I wanted to say.
G36 better then a 1 shot kill sr8?
What game are you playing?
1vs1 sr8 vs g36.
Play that on abbey/casa/austria tell me how it goes.

Seriously sr8, spas and kevlar is as if I've activated some kind of power up mode.
Sr8 and no kevlar is a good compromise with out messing with the sr8 itself.

#29 User is offline   Jaded-Fox (old) Icon

• LocationU.S. Mass.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:04 PM

Talking about TS

I think you either A) have no talent with the snipers, and or G36, and therefore feel completly dominated at a distance...or B) Havent been playing long enough to know how to make yourself less of a target for sniping (IE jump/strafing/sliding/walljumpinging/and somtimes a combo of all in that order)

Please dont take it the wrong way. I totally feel for you and all others that get stomped on by sr8'ers. Just keep this in mind. When we hit you and kill you. We earned that shot, because we had to make it count.

Where the sr is is now is the best its been since they fucking crippled it many years ago.  So you can understand why a longtime user of the sr8, liek myself, will defend it like a rabid aninmal. I urge bummper and all other Sr8 haters to pick one up and use it consecutivly for a day. I also want any of those up for the challange to rush all out. Im talking from spawn till objectives complete. Hopefully you will understand that it aint a bed of roases for us Snipers. Especially the balls to the wall Sr8'rs who refuse to wear armor/and or camp behind corners.

Alas I have yet one last idea that could be mixed with any number of the other ideas mentioned so far. Make it so Snipers can not wear armor/helmet. This will definatley give a sniper some ants in his pants when you have g36's sending lethal vollys of 5-6 shots in their general direction. And they will more than likeley drop like flys in Close quaters. Honest I snipe without it just to be fair to those on the other end, and also for its mobility. A mobile snipers is a more powerful sniper.

P.s Just one last one I swear to the allmighty OS this one is it!!!

Give the g36 a laser sight that is only active when in scope mode. This will be the bane of snipers.

#30 User is offline   AK1200 (old) Icon

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:28 PM

The game is fine the way it is.  If you're getting owned by sr8, then doing something more than crying about it is in order.  Ever since I've played this game they've done nothing but nerf my favorite weapons because of peoples like you guys.  I'm tired of it.

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942