Urban Terror Forums: Start Mapping With Urban Terror Map Maker - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Start Mapping With Urban Terror Map Maker Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#111 User is offline   emperorjack Icon

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

Hi there, ive been mapping for the quake engine based game 'Tremulous'. Though ive decided to give urbn terror a try. This whole 'installation process' did infact fail for me. I do use the reliable netradiant. As does tremulous and other quake games, mapping for these games can begin simply by placing 1 or 2 files (.games i think) or other similar files into the netradiant files. From where netradiant recognizes the game and allows you to map for it. The files you placed in containing all the relevant entites for urban terror. While most of the textures are sourced from the filepath of your urbanterror files.

Well to get to the point... does urban terror have this kind of file or method of installing? Im sure this will make mapping a lot easier, you just need the mapper first, which for example netradiant, isnt that hard to find.

If this could be looked into or if these files exsist please post.

Thanks

#112 User is offline   412wonder Icon

• Account: 412wonder

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:01 AM

tried getting this installed but my urban terror full zip did not have Zpack file and this prevented me from using the editor

#113 User is offline   412wonder Icon

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:58 AM

tried many times now to find the files i need and start mapping any way i could.. cannot get it working.. i have made maps long ago using radiant but i forgot what i needed to get started =/

#114 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:42 AM

The full pk3 is replaced by the zUrT_* ones for 4.2+
You basically need to extract all of them in the same manner you would have done with the full.pk3
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#115 User is offline   412wonder Icon

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:33 PM

im not sure i understand.. i have mostly given up now sadly.. the urt zip i get from downloads contains zURT43_008.pk3 ect.. do i extract them all somehow to create zpack file that the editor tells me im lacking?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#116 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:48 PM

You extract the full zip you download from this site somewhere, just like u would when "installing" the game.
After that, you extract the numbered .pk3s in the q3ut4 directly in place.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#117 User is offline   Snowball Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: snowball

Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:55 PM

Could also be that your GTK/Zero radiant is pointing to a wrong Urban Terror folder. Perhaps the path of an old urban terror folder. Make sure that the game path is pointing to the folder you want to use.

#118 User is offline   412wonder Icon

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:38 PM

thank you both for the help ill be back in a few days time from my away trip and ill see how i go =) with luck i can add some variety to the map pool =P

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942