Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

urban terror works with xfire NOW :O

#1 User is offline   metalfan (old) Icon

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:13 AM

I just got one of those small game updates and I noticed it works with the mod now.  Just wondering how did the dev team get them to do it, did they contact xfire or did xfire just see how many servers and so on are up and started to support it? Also for you guys that don't have it yet you have to go to the files tab and join the xfire updates category or something like that

#2 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:15 PM

This is something I have been bugging them about on their game request forum for a while (and I'm sure lots of other people have as well, or emailed them etc).

It works properly, but there is 1 small thing some people may need to deal with (because I did). And that is, if you have multiple ioUrbanTerror.exe's on your computer, xfire might choose the wrong one.  Specifically, I used to play io right out of my q3 directory because I had io along side q3. But now I have a fresh install of just urt in a separate directory from my q3 - but I never deleted the first io. So xfire chose my wrong io. This is easy to fix, you just go into the options games and change the directory to the right one.

FINALLY xfire supports UrT!  :-D

#3 User is offline   metalfan (old) Icon

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:22 PM

yep, I noticed that also I just renamed iourbanterror.exe to quake3.exe and it seems to work fine for me and then I just put the game directly in manualy

#4 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:55 PM

yep, I noticed that also I just renamed iourbanterror.exe to quake3.exe and it seems to work fine for me and then I just put the game directly in manualy

Hmm???  But I'm pretty sure if you do that then all you've done is tricked xfire into thinking it's quake 3 (which xfire supported for a long time). When you play does xfire show your status as Quake 3, or Urban Terror?

#5 User is offline   metalfan (old) Icon

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:07 AM

Yep your right my bad, BUT if you do that and launch urban terror from xfire it works fine for some odd reason. But I kinda like setting it as quake3 cause xfire then keeps stats on my profile :-D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Alpha-Slayer (old) Icon

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:49 PM

Sorry for the ingnorance, but what is xfire?

#7 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:22 PM

Yep your right my bad, BUT if you do that and launch urban terror from xfire it works fine for some odd reason. But I kinda like setting it as quake3 cause xfire then keeps stats on my profile :-D

But there's already quake 3 support in xfire, so you might as well just use quake 3 :P  (Unless you don't own it... but, I can't see why you'd want it to look like you're playing quake 3 when you are playing urban terror... but anyways, back on topic I would hope 99.9% of people would leave it so it says they are playing Urban Terror.)

@alpha,  Xfire is basically an instant messenger like msn except it allows you to see what games your friends are playing, and you can click on their name to see the scores and player list on the server, or you can click and join them in that server (xfire will launch UrT and join the server). So it's a good way for clans to chat and stick together because they will always know if and where their clan mates are playing so they can go join them.  Also it has a server browser but I never use that part.

#8 User is offline   49er (old) Icon

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:10 AM

There's no server browser support or one click join.. or screenshot support.  Hopefully this will be added in the near future. 

http://www.xfire.com...ht=urban+terror

Although, I'm not holding my breath. :-(

#9 User is offline   subnet_rx (old) Icon

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:19 PM

I'm hoping they also add screenshot support soon.  I think if everyone that played UT joined XFire, we might have a shot at making it onto their stats pages. 

#10 User is offline   Csan (old) Icon

• LocationBudapest

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:26 AM

it's a windblows-only thing, so chances are 0%

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942