Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Movements laggs Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ricanelite (old) Icon

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:16 PM

Okay, I just installed Urban Terror on ubuntu linux gusty 7.10

I have a Pentium Dual Core 1.6ghz, Geforce 8400GS PCI-E 16x 256mb and 1 gig of ram and I also have the latest Geforce Drivers as well. Now getting Urban Terror to run is fine everything else is fine only when I'm in a game and lets say if I just move the mouse around to either look around or move around the menus with the mouse. It gets stuck for a second or two and then come back and then if I start moving around it does it again. What can be the issue?

I have Compiz-Fusion and Desktop Effects disabled. When I head over to my windows partition and run the game there it runs perfect. What can be the issue? Also by the way I'm using a standard USB Mouse which is a gateway. Any suggestions please let me know. If anything please email me at passionforgames@gmail.com

Thank you!

#2 User is offline   defender (old) Icon

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:03 PM

Hi,

I've similar issues. To clarify this, the game itself runs pretty smooth at 40 fps on my P4, 2 GHz and NVIDIA Gf 4200 Ti. The problems you describe appear running custom games I created with GTKRadiant. The weird thing is, on another machine with NVIDIA 7300 GT card the custom game runs all the time at 90 fps at full detail (1280x1024, 32 bit, ...).
I think, it has something to do with the graphic card and/or driver/xorg-settings.
Next time, I'm at the "good" system, I'll make a tarball from the game and try this at home. Just to exclude any software installation faults.

Greetings
Dirk

#3 User is offline   defender (old) Icon

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:30 PM

In UT4.1 the movement lags are gone away. Try the new release!

Greets
Defender

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942