Urban Terror Forums: How to get set up for mapping for Urban Terror 4.1 with GtkRadiant 1.5 - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to get set up for mapping for Urban Terror 4.1 with GtkRadiant 1.5 Rate Topic: ***** 3 Votes

#21 User is offline   Nightcrawl (old) Icon

• LocationSweden

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

This was happening to me as well after following this howto but I fixed it by copying the urbanterror.def file to C:Program FilesGtkRadiant 1.5.0q3.gamebaseq3 instead of the one inside your urbanterror directory.

This did solve my problem with the .def file.

I still havent figured out the common shaders though, but I'll re-read this stuffs.

#22 User is offline   aodhon (old) Icon

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:08 PM

Yes all my common shaders are screwed up as well, so I just downloaded the icons and write the shaders for them when I need them.

#23 User is offline   pmt3ddy (old) Icon

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:32 AM

my 2 cents: common.shader / sharderlist.txt

I did not saw information in this tuto about common.shader file, strange maybe i have just read to fast :-( . I had to put it in my scripts file and refer it in my shaderlist.txt file to make common shaders work with gtkradiant 1.5.
So the scripts directory has:
- yourmap.shader
- common.shader
- urbanterror.def
- shaderlist.txt => minimally refering yourmap.shader and common.shader (and others useful if you want to.) So add a line with yourmap and another one with common. do not put .shader extension in this file.

EDIT: btw [T]BludShoT this is a new answer to your post "Player Clip showing up as default missing texture instead of invisible" but $NULL answer is definitely a nicer one.

SleepingGuy

My player clip still shows up as default missing texture even though I did put it in the shaderlist.txt, and so does the ladder clip btw and the nodraw clip...
If someone has a fix for it, that would be nice cause I'm about to finish up my map.

#24 User is offline   mindriot Icon

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:47 AM

My player clip still shows up as default missing texture even though I did put it in the shaderlist.txt, and so does the ladder clip btw and the nodraw clip...
If someone has a fix for it, that would be nice cause I'm about to finish up my map.

read these threads as they are related to each other and might be your answer:
http://forums.urbant...pic,9824.0.html
http://forums.urbant...pic,9937.0.html

#25 User is offline   pmt3ddy (old) Icon

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:33 AM

Alright, thanks  :-D

Aye, those helped a lot, also fixed the texture problem I had where everything was tiled numerous times.
Perhaps it's a good idea to post those links in the main thread, so it'll be easy to find for people with the same problems.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   crazyman1175 (old) Icon

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:36 AM

Thanks Thanks Thanks! That is all i can say atm. I have tryed 1.4 many times and this guide shuold help me with 1.5 and maybe make a map!  :wink:

#27 User is offline   pmt3ddy (old) Icon

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:47 AM

BludShoT link=topic=9766.msg134691#msg134691 date=1204055350]
Also, the tutorial needs to have common_spog.pk3 added, and a better shaderlist.txt and better explanation about shaderlist.txt.  I'll probably get around to it sometime.

Alright, since I had the same Prop, and probably many others do< I have uploaded the common_spog.pk3 for people to download.
http://www.hirochiha...ommon_files.zip This .zip file includes the common_spog.pk3. The common.shader file and some other files. Hopefully it's helpful and hopefully it'll get solve of some problems for people.

#28 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:52 AM

pmt3ddy: Your shaderlist.txt and entitys.def are from tremulous, there not much use to us here.
To be perfectly honest I dont see whats wrong with the shaderlist.txt that I made, ok it not the most comprehensive list, but it does contain the main texture directorys and all the other directorys are available but commented out. So people can add more items when they get more comfortable with radaint.

#29 User is offline   pmt3ddy (old) Icon

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:40 AM

Don't get me wrong, there's no flaw in the shaderlist.txt.
But somehow some people have trouble with their textures showing up properly in game, cause it's tiled numerous times in game while in gtkradiant it's all good and normal.
Also, the common shaders load up in game as a texture missing image.
Everything in the shaderlist.txt is fine cause it loads up normally in gtkradiant with a white border around them.

And yeah, it's from tremulous, just ignore entitys.def and shaderlist.txt.

And see, I knew I knew you from somewhere >_>

#30 User is offline   R4zrF1r3 (old) Icon

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:23 AM

The only problem I'm having is that I'm not able to get gothic_wall to show up in the textures.  I have it where it needs to be in both the shaderlist.txt and my q3ut4 folder.

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942