4.2 Release Notes
Beta 4.2.012 (19.04.2013)
- Medic and bleeding timing improved
- Fixed the armbands on race 1 and 3 of the Cavalry skins
- Fixed the clipping issues on Prague v2
- Increased the brightness inside the office on Turnpike
- Fixed callvote kick bug
- Fix for missing skins on startup
- Added funstuff with new cvars (g_allowfunstuff, cg_showfunstuff and funfree for FFA game modes (uses red team funstuff only))
Beta 4.2.011 (06.04.2013)
- Fixed g_maxWallJumps CVAR slowing down walljumps (need QA test)
- Improved g_noStamina. Was causing some glitches (only in Jump Mode)
- Fixed BombDefuse display message
- Fix teamoverlay colors for cg_drawTeamOverlay 2/3/4
- Added Mouse Wheel support for in-game server browser
- In-game server list scrolling is now noticed also by a sound
- Fixed server list scrolling to the top after adding a server to the favorite list
- Added Cavalry skin set
- New hit reporting for SPAS (multiple hits and players)
- Fixed Glock sound
- Fixed funny death animation
- Prague V2 - Updated with HD assets and routes
- Fixed connecting to GTV
- Fixed player names' colours in chat and radio chat messages
- Added markers of legacy team in chat
- Changed orange team name to 'Fugitives'
- Fixed colour typo in auth console message
- Fixed instant medic upon multiple hits
- Torso has priority over arms in hit detection
- Allow instant skin selection during demo playback
- Fixed timer alignment in round based modes when using round limits
- Updated the lighting in Turnpike so that it is closer to the 4.1 lighting
Beta 4.2.010 (22.03.2013)
- Added g_maxWallJumps CVAR for Jump Mode only.
- Preloading radio sounds and misc sounds to avoid client freezes on first playback.
- Fixed the ClientJumpTimerStopped log event that was returning a time of 0 secs.
- Fixed negative enemy counter in mini scoreboard in FFA/LMS gametypes.
- Fixed UI cursor displayed during leve loading. - Fixed big jump maps loading failure.
- Fixed ut_weaptoggle behavior.
- Not checking bots inactivity timers anymore.
- Added /ignore and /ignorelist commands.
- Fixed CAH miniscoreboard.
- Fixed Jump Run timer not displayed correctly while spectating a player.
- Fixed invalid player DEAD/ALIVE status in miniscoreboard.
- Disabled auth account check for bots to avoid auth-reject when auth_notoriety > 0.
- Don't have g_teamAutoJoin affect bot's team.
- Fixed spectator being switched from follow to free after map_restart when following a client.
- Fixed server browser 'Auth' and 'Password' filters.
- Added g_maxJumpRuns CVAR for JUMP mode only (available when g_matchMode is 1).
- Changed some JUMP in-game messages.
- New log format for Jump mode entities actions.
- Fixed a bug in save and load command (player view angles are now reset correctly).
- Fixed blue armband showing on red team players minimap arrows - Updated the Glock sounds.
- Fixed a wall that you could be shot through in Turnpike.
- Added client-side skin forcing.
- Added six new skin sets.
- New player setup menus.
Beta 4.2.009 (21.12.2012)
- Updated ut4_ramelle's tunnels, removed some plants in the water, removed some buildings in the non-playable area and added some vis blocking to improve fps.
- Updated scoreboard.
- Fixed jump timer colors display while watching a player from spectators.
- Fixed armband vertical alignment in scoreboard.
- Fixed miniscoreboard not updating player status after a player respawns.
- Fixed player bandage while healing close to walls.
- Fixed ut_weaptoggle
- Enhanced cg_autopickup 0. It now pickup just the item the player is aiming at.
- Fixed g_flagReturnTime being ignored.
- Enhanced RCON UI menu. Fixed some graphic bugs and added new features.
- Updated the FFA/LMS spawns in ut4_uptown.
- Fixed "header" warning message for the mirror1.tga.
- Added Glock
- Added new Spas icon.
- Fixed a bug in Stats UI menu.
- Optimized QVM.
- Added new entity ut_jumpcancel to cancel a player run and reset the run timer.
- New version of ut4_jumpents test map with new ut_jumpcancel entity.
- Jump mode: colored ways
- Description: Added option to set color to jump ways. Using "color" key for jump_start, you specify color 0-8, same as for console ^codes. When not specified, white is used and everything looks like before. Colors are used when telling player name of the way and for best time shown on score board. This makes it easy to see which way players are currently on and best times are for. There is updated ut4_jumpents.pk3 in my dir, hard way is magenta, easy way yellow.
- Fixed blood when shooting walls, uses UrtHD sparks now and looks just as cool.
- Fixed jump timer >1 hour bug.
- Added Glock to ut_weaptoggle.
- Fixed UI ingame select gear not being validated when pressing ESC.
- Fixed the "server is for low pings only" issue
Beta 4.2.008 (03.12.2012)
Fixed the server lag / crash issue.
- Fixed the client crash when selecting a weapon.
- Potentially fixed the FPS issue.
- Player model animations updated.
- Fixed the SPAS which was causing excessive bleeding.
- Fixed the Auth System logout UI bug.
- New skins for FFA, LMS and Jump gametypes.
- New /racejump and /racefree cvars.
- New color for FFA and LMS HUD.
- Fixed Eagle's cable car.
- Fixed FFA UI scoreboard bug.
- Fixed SPAS gear bug.
- Defaulted player armband to light purple in JUMP mode when set to g_armband 1.
- Fixed a bug in callvote kick UI menu.
- Enhanced kill display, new options cg_drawKillLog 3|4|5 available, added to UI menu.
- Fixed punctuation and some spelling in kill display.
- New images for the player setup menu.
- New player setup menus for the Free and Jump teams.
- Added player's login to the scoreboard.
- Fixed a bug in the "smite" command help text.
- Changed the player bar color in the scoreboard for FFA, LMS (Green) and JUMP (Purple) to match the HUD color.
- Added fog to the water in ut4_ramelle.
- Added a workaround to reduce flag cap spamming in Jump Mode, sounds and messages are shown only to the flagcarrier.
- Added a cvar ui_modversion which displays the current mod version in the game menu.
- Reduced the range of the cvar r_primitives.
- Added run timer and best timer in the scoreboard for jump mode.
- Added jump mode timers.
Beta 4.2.007 (17.11.2012)
- Updated the Hit Mesh.
- Updated Linux updater binaries (GUI and command line): improved compatibility with older distributions.
- Updated the OSX engine to catch up with the 006 update for Windows and Linux.
- Fixed g_noStamina being used in other gametypes than Jump.
- Fixed "ut_itemdrop flag" in Jump mode.
- Fixed cg_autopickup 0 bug.
- Fixed g_gear change server message.
- Fixed regain stamina bug on damaged player.
- Fixed a bug where the stamina would drain while walking around crouched.
- Fixed credit UI bug.
- Fixed callvotes and votes for spectators.
- Removed medic icon on radio calls for Jump mode and Last Man Standing.
- Added waiting time display before you can call another vote.
- Added the autocomplete client command (TAB).
- Added "callvote map" and "nextmap" check for the specified map to be loaded on the server.
Beta 4.2.006 (09.11.2012)
- New gametype, Jump Mode /g_gametype 9.
- Fixed the autoradio bug in Bomb Mode.
- Fixed the "Last Man Standing" gametype description in the in-game menu.
- LMS round winner is now logged.
- Fixed incorrect time display for players connecting to a game during pause in match mode.
- Fixed floating player name while using cg_crosshairnamestype 0.
- Fixed flag captures being added to the score during warmup time of CTF matchmode, also for the second half of a match.
- Updated model and skin for SPAS.
- Updated model and skin for DE.
- Updated skin for Red Dragons' playermodel's hand.
- Updated camo for blue team.
- Updated icons for medic calling, bomb planting and bomb defusing.
Beta 4.2.005 (03.11.2012)
- Updated skins.
- Fixed the ledge climb animation.
- Fixed CTF scores bleeding through warmup into game.
- Fixed the server crash issue.
Beta 4.2.004 (28.10.2012)
- fixed the "all servers full" server browser issue.
- fixed the mute command, it can handle temp muting now.
- tweaked the stamina drain.
- the bleed rate is proportional again to how many times you get shot.
- updated player model skins.
Beta 4.2.003 (12.10.2012)
- fixes crouch popping
- fixes turtling (crouch that allows the player head to be on their thigh)
- fixes kick vote bugs
- fixes coloured names
- adds FFA/LMS overlay
Beta 4.2.002 (03.10.2012)
- Fixed the server crash issue.
- Fixed the login page in the game menu.
- Fixed the authentication system, including the auth issue on linux x86_64 systems.
- Fixed the server log line truncate when the lines have more than 1024 chars.
- Fixed arm bands rgb, custom colored armbands should work again.
- Fixed the bleedout bug.
- Fixed hits, shooting in the knees is no longer registered as a vest hit.
- Fixed cg_drawKillLog 0 now only shows hits.
- Fixed the helmet no longer becomes "white" on the map Sanctuary.
- Fixed the medic bug, it goes as fast as intended now.
- Fixed the "killsss" typo that was showing in the FFA scoreboard.
- Fixed 100% cpu usage dedicated servers.
- Fixed the "Quake3-UrT_Logitech_Game_Recognition.reg" file for players with Logitech mouses.
- Fixed the size of the G36.
- Fixed the Nuke, server admins can nuke players again; /rcon nuke <playername/id>.
- Fixed the kick vote.
- Updated the maps Kingdom, Raiders and Casa. You should not get stuck anymore, also no more hiding inside rocks.
- Updated the SPAS12 so it has 20 pellets instead of 11 and adjusted the damage accordingly.
- Added back a laser to the AK103, like how it was in 4.1.
- Added a mapcycle.txt file for servers.
- Default /rate raised to 16000 instead of 3000.
- Potentially fixed the FPS issue.
- Auth-ban and the bans on our website are now fully functional.
- Updated the /rcon auth whois command to show more information.
Beta 4.2.001 (03.08.2012)
- new hit detection
- new character 3rd person animations
- new game mode: Last Man Standing (LMS) g_gametype 1
- new Authentication system
- new demo format ( .urtdemo )
- new Auto-Updater for the game
- updated the maps Casa, Mandolin, Kingpin and Kingdom
- new maps: Raiders, Cascade, Bohemia
- bugfix #83 - "Follow The Leader bug, a subbed player can be chosen as a leader"
- bugfix #165. "Server Listing - Misrepresented Gametypes Error"
- bugfix #183. "Allowed Voting - Load up Time Dependency"
- bugfix #116. "Mini map - Subbed players seeing Active Players"
- bugfix #188. "Dropping nades/Going to Spectator"
- bugfix #249. "Ready Command/ Role Swap Command Discontinuity."
- potentially fixed "999'ers hold up the game in TS"
- colour tags don't shorten maximum server host name in server browser.
- fixed breathing sound when the game is paused
- stamina regeneration frozen when the game is paused
- fixed hotpotato time after a pause
- sr8 drop exploit fixed
- voting rcon exploit fixed
- weapon reloading/switching bug fixed
- going on a ladder with an armed nade will now put the pin back in
- enable booting when bomb held
- no throwing last knife
- fixed g_teamautojoin when going to spectator
- callvote kick/clientkick now enforces a reason as an additional argument
- reload button to cycle backwards in spectator mode
- fix for the masters
- locked r_intensity, cg_physics and r_smp
- demo automatically starts recording when joining a game that has already started (with g_matchmode 1 and cg_autoRecordMatch 1)
- you can "steal" the captain status when his connection is interrupted
- when a team mate requests a medic his name flashes on the mini scoreboard
- demo stops recording at the end of a map (with g_matchmode 1 and cg_autoRecordMatch 1)
- added cg_drawKillLog 0/1/2 (0 = no kill log ; 1 = old log like in 4.1 ; 2 = new log: player 1 player 2)
- added g_ctfUnsubWait, if set to 1 someone who unsub in wave CTF mode will wait the next wave to spawn
- added /rcon smite <player> command, instantly kill a player
- added /forcesub command (for captains in match mode), force a player of our team to become a substitute
- added g_allowChat 3 - allow only the captains to talk during a match (only when both teams are ready)
- added cg_demoFov, it allows to change the fov from 70 to 140 when watching a demo
- updated the UI
- updated the cfg files
- fixed team mate healbar with short names (eg. a dot)
- callvotes are now logged in the server logs
- selective weapon/item pickup (+button7) (see README-cg_autoPickup)
- increased the maximum number of demos
- fixed weapon selection bug where the last weapon chosen was disappearing when selecting a team
- fixed map arrows size on big maps
- fixed the hands when holding a G36
- now draw the name of the guy who planted the bomb
- the SPAS has now 8 bullets instead of 6
- Download percentage overflow fixed.
- Fixed throwing nade/switching weapon bug.
- Locked cl_guidServerUniq.
- Disabled radio binds for muted players.
- Radio binds are now logged server-side.
- Added server filters for passworded servers and servers with the Authentication activated.
- Hot potato are now logged server-side.
- Callvotes and votes are now logged server-side.
by - By FrozenSand - Friday, 03 August 2012 - viewed by 850 members and 7786 visitors