Urban Terror Forums: Setting up a server + Server Tools (Old) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Setting up a server + Server Tools (Old) Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   o0Chris0o (old) Icon

• LocationHornell, NY

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:26 AM

hmm tried to download the [NG] Urt0 Bot but I am unable to after I registered

#12 User is offline   6th|Programmer (old) Icon

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:17 AM

Hello all ,  :mrgreen:

I know every one ASK same question, I hope to be the First On this one..

Am trying to host a server Off my House,

Now that technology is realy wide .

Well here's my Question, I build a server computer with  :evil:[ 200 gb HD, 3 gb Ram, 512 Video Card Wireless] with connection  Fiber Optics 10.0 mb Dn and  2.0 up. I been running one Server off my Wired Computer and runs great, But  I Have to turn it off.  I want to use the server builded to host Free servers, But I haven't get any luck yet, I even called linksys support already and nothing...
I already set my ports on it, and ppl Still has trouble connecting to the wireless server, Im behind a wireless linksys Router Model:WRT54GS Ver. 6 Can someone please helpme and check what i can do?. Do i need a dif router?. I close all firewalls too.

Please Help I always be grafull [am sry for my english]  :-D

#13 User is offline   H3NRY Icon

• Account: h3nry
  • Main tag: .um

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:53 PM

why cant you run Ethernet to it?

and is there a program to set up the server(the maps it plays, the who server.cfg editing, setting up your ip adress)???

#14 User is offline   hchizkool (old) Icon

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:26 AM

./q3ded +set dedicated 2 +set net_IP 192.168.0.1 +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 56 +set fs_basepath

#15 User is offline   hchizkool (old) Icon

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

hi im using ubuntu 8.10 and im trying to start a server on urbanterror 4.1 and i have done all the files: server.cfg, sh start.sh......etc.    But when i click on 'ioUrTded.i386' its doesnt open anything and it uses 40-50 cpu???

can anyone help me?

thanks in advance.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   WiseMan Icon

• Account: wiseman
  • Main tag: -VA-

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:41 AM

helo,im using terminal(mac) to dedicated a server.
but why when i UP my server,the server's IP will be change.
:? i had no idea...

#17 User is offline   xandax (old) Icon

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

I'm trying to create a server, but when I put to create, the game turns off ans appears a conversation saaying that is trying to conectc with Quake3 and Urbanterro master, waht do I do ?  :?

#18 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:41 PM

hi im using ubuntu 8.10 and im trying to start a server on urbanterror 4.1 and i have done all the files: server.cfg, sh start.sh......etc.    But when i click on 'ioUrTded.i386' its doesnt open anything and it uses 40-50 cpu???

can anyone help me?

thanks in advance.

just make sure you have it set to permissions to execute. under properties. this did it for me, a time or two

#19 User is offline   xandax (old) Icon

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

I didn't understand what you're saying, and sorry I can't help u with your problem

#20 User is offline   dkadar (old) Icon

• LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

i have been playing urt for a while now. the Io version (not the mod for quake 3). I noticed that there was a button i could push to create my own server. so i clicked it and though i might be able to make on for me and my friends. i inputed the map i wanted and made sure it was set up for the internet. but when i pressed connect or start button it did not work. it made it so i couldn't move my mouse and it didn't even show up on the server list. my friend tried to connect to it through my ip address that it gave me. and that didn't work. so i then went to the manual to figure it out from there. it told me to edit a server.cfg file and copy a app to my desktop to edit and stuff. when i finished inputting the basic info like my ip adddress and stuff. it still didn't work. what do i do to fix this so my friends across the nation can join my server.

also if u want to add or place what u know there will be more info about my problem at this web address http://forums.urbant...ic,15771.0.html

Also a quick question if i was going to set up a static ip address how would i do that? i read the faq and nothin you can check more at my post listed above.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942