• You cannot reply to this topic

Zeroradiant + Features/Bug Fixes Rate Topic: -----

Last hope

#21 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: rambetter

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

View Postrfx, on 19 January 2010 - 07:33 PM, said:

What do you think about adding a note about this effort and link to this thread?

So people can first about this effort and then decide whether to give it a try or not. Source download information is included in starter post.

You know the bug where it's impossible to select the misc_model that's missing the model key? Is that bug fixed? Well, there is a way to select the misc_model in this case but it's tricky.

#22 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: rambetter

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:18 PM

I've updated http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant/ to include information about this new GIT repository.

#23 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:50 PM

View Postrambetter, on 20 January 2010 - 07:58 PM, said:

You know the bug where it's impossible to select the misc_model that's missing the model key? Is that bug fixed? Well, there is a way to select the misc_model in this case but it's tricky.

It's not yet fixed, but it's on the list :-) See Entity of class misc_model without a model cannot be directly selected.

View Postrambetter, on 20 January 2010 - 09:18 PM, said:

I've updated http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant/ to include information about this new GIT repository.

Awe, thx.

#24 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:44 AM

rfx you're our current hero. Keep the goods coming!

Another log to the pile: filtering. If you use View > Filter > Hints/Triggers/[few others] the appropriate brushes are not filtered. Workaround is selecting a face, shift-A'ing and [H]iding that which is to be filtered.

#25 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:59 AM

Pushing my luck entirely with feature requests. These should be considered wish-list :)

1) Is it possible to implement certain tools directly into the 3d view, such as q3ase and particle studio?

2) A ray-traced light pre-renderer, specifically for q3map_sun positioning, or individual entities? Or any way to manipulate global lighting to reduce compile-check-compile-check tweaking of global lighting?

3) Is it necessary for the cmd dos window to remain open with radiant?

4) Option to change all hidden faces to caulk?

More bugs:
1) Editor width/height settings never save. I always have to reposition the 3d/2d/console/texture/z windows upon load. Running 1920x1200x32 res.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

View Posta wily duck, on 23 January 2010 - 08:44 AM, said:

filtering. If you use View > Filter > Hints/Triggers/[few others] the appropriate brushes are not filtered. Workaround is selecting a face, shift-A'ing and [H]iding that which is to be filtered.

I've a issue open about this at issue 28 , I added your comment because I think it's quite related.

This post has been edited by rfx: 24 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

#27 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

View Posta wily duck, on 23 January 2010 - 08:59 AM, said:

3) Is it necessary for the cmd dos window to remain open with radiant?

4) Option to change all hidden faces to caulk?

I've added those two as issue 72 and issue 73. I didn't added the two others, they seem pretty huge tasks I do not plan to implement myself.

View Posta wily duck, on 23 January 2010 - 08:59 AM, said:

1) Editor width/height settings never save. I always have to reposition the 3d/2d/console/texture/z windows upon load. Running 1920x1200x32 res.

Are you using floated window mode?

#28 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:36 AM

View Postrfx, on 24 January 2010 - 08:03 PM, said:

Are you using floated window mode?

No sir. That causes a number of nuances I'd rather live without. Non-floating windows behave far more consistently.

Are you aware of an undo bug that causes brushes to clone? i.e. once in a while if a change is undone, the brush/group will produce many copies of the original in-place. Workaround: Holding down shift, continually swiping across across all the clones until all are selected, then clicking the mess once to unselect one object then allows you to delete the rest of the clones.

#29 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

View Posta wily duck, on 25 January 2010 - 12:36 AM, said:

Are you aware of an undo bug that causes brushes to clone? i.e. once in a while if a change is undone, the brush/group will produce many copies of the original in-place. Workaround: Holding down shift, continually swiping across across all the clones until all are selected, then clicking the mess once to unselect one object then allows you to delete the rest of the clones.

I fixed quite some Undo related stuff, did you try the binaries I provide?

#30 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:40 AM

View Postrfx, on 25 January 2010 - 06:35 PM, said:

I fixed quite some Undo related stuff, did you try the binaries I provide?

Yep. Admittedly this problem has not occurred since installing your updates. I do attempt to avoid these situations making their occurrence happen as rarely as possible. Since I hadn't read about any fixes for this particular issue, had to mention it.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942