•   former FS member   
  • Account: decoy
  • Main tag: .:|

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:05 PM

[text]news 319[/text]

#3 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

I tried searching for all TDM servers and then arranging them from 0 players to full, but every time i hit the arrange by players button the search resets.

#4 User is offline   jpoulpoul Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: jpoulpoul
  • Main tag: |GH|

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

Very good job !

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#8 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

Awesome!

Some comments:
  • Search form doesn't remember state of checkboxes
    No matter what I click on these checkboxes next to full/empty/private, after a submit they're always checked again
  • Searching for non-full, non-empty or non-private server doesn't work
    I can't find a way to search for non-full, non-empty and non-private servers. I think that's one of the most reasonable search-filter here. Maybe it's related to 1)
  • I'd suggest to link from the country/continent directly to a search result with this very same preset
    I.e. clicking on Germany directly brings one to http://www.urbanterr...&sf=1&se=1&sp=1 .
  • Provide highlighting of current row on server search result
    IMHO it's not clear that clicking anywhere on the line always brings one to the detail page of the server. I thought clicking on TDM of the type column would further filter for TDM or something. I.e. the indication where it's leading could be clearer. Because only when your mouse pointer is over the left most icon it shows an actual URL where it leads to, but doesn't for the rest of the row.
  • Besides the "Online"-field in the search form, also show information when the list was updated last
    Would be nice to see when the list of server was last updated, so it's clear how accurate the information is (just in case). This could also be included on the server detail page (a new "Last update" in the Game Server box), in case people are directly linking to it.

After browsing the list a bit, there where two things I noticed which would make the whole thing even awesomer:
  • Favorite server
    Logged in user can mark a server as favorite server which, upon clicking on the server tab, prominently shows the users listed favorite servers. On a second thought, this could be even made a public information on the users profile ... (not sure about that one though)
  • urt:// protocol handler to directly connect to the server
    I've no idea about the technical challenges involved but I it just hit me straight that I'd just like to connect to the servers directly from this great browser.

Thanks for your überhard work!

This post has been edited by rfx: 16 July 2011 - 11:14 PM

#9 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

Awesome, i remember there was some clan that had made the same thing(kinda) is that the same guy who did this?

Edit: It would be really gr8 if you could search for maps :)

another thought: later on when Urt HD is released, it would be cool if u could join the server by a button in the server info thats says "join game" or w/e :P

This post has been edited by JustMe...: 16 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#10 User is offline   LynXIII Icon

• Account: lynxiii
  • Main tag: C.M.M.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

Great tool, thanks!

But I think it could even be better and I agree to most of the suggestions that were made here. Add a search for maps, direct join on the server and if this works, a favourites list would be great, too.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942