• You cannot reply to this topic

Include Hardware Acceleration Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

In the next update of 4.2 can you please merge the work done by 27 here (http://www.urbanterr...ppers-required/) so everyone who plays 4.2 gets the advantage of hardware acceleration. There is no question that the client with VBO offers a much smoother gameplay, higher and more stable framerates.

27 was so gracious to develop something with such capabilities for Urban Terror and even more so when he provided the source: http://www.mydevstuf...e_Bumpy_v7a.rar I think it would help alleviate alot of the complaints the community and you (developers) face due to FPS issues.

#2 User is offline   attackxie Icon

• Account: attackxie

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:41 AM

Problem is that the current 4.2 codebase is already really old and there already using a terrible codebase the effect on framerate's is only noticeable if you have a sub 3Ghz
try the diRf client still lacks VBO but is faster then the Old ass ioquake version they are using https://github.com/urtdevs/diRf_client
I do have my personal build for 4.2 but its old code as well

This post has been edited by attackxie: 10 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

#4 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

<3 :D you the man

#5 User is offline   attackxie Icon

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

View PostBarbatos, on 08 August 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

We will start moving to iobumpy (as well as the latest ioq3 revision) as soon as the 4.2 codebase is stable enough.

here hoping you fix ramel crashing with r_fancywater

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   undead Icon

• Account: undead

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

View PostBarbatos, on 08 August 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

We will start moving to iobumpy (as well as the latest ioq3 revision) as soon as the 4.2 codebase is stable enough.

If you take out the optional auth, 4.2 demo and server side demo, there's barely any changes vs. 4.1.1. I noticed a few cvars, rambetter's drdos fix (which ioquake3 handled differently upstream anyway), increased limits to match the custom 4.1.1 clients, a few new server commands and some branding changes from ioUrT -> Quake3-UrT. Could you put out a release based on the latest ioquake3 so it fixes the other problems and add auth and server side demo back in a future release?

When you say moving to iobumpy, can you build the modular renderer so we can pick between bumpy and the standard renderer at runtime? If I run into a problem, I'd like to be able to set a cvar rather than recompiling it.

This post has been edited by undead: 10 August 2012 - 04:48 AM

#8 User is offline   attackxie Icon

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 10 August 2012 - 03:34 AM, said:

Here's hoping you stop pissing in our Corn Flakes

I piss on the cornflakes of the deserving if you don't like them don't eat them
don't you have some animations to fix ... err I mean not that there is anything wrong with players flailing about like there string puppets ...

This post has been edited by attackxie: 10 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

#9 User is offline   attackxie Icon

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

View Postundead, on 10 August 2012 - 04:45 AM, said:

If you take out the optional auth, 4.2 demo and server side demo, there's barely any changes vs. 4.1.1. I noticed a few cvars, rambetter's drdos fix (which ioquake3 handled differently upstream anyway), increased limits to match the custom 4.1.1 clients, a few new server commands and some branding changes from ioUrT -> Quake3-UrT. Could you put out a release based on the latest ioquake3 so it fixes the other problems and add auth and server side demo back in a future release?

When you say moving to iobumpy, can you build the modular renderer so we can pick between bumpy and the standard renderer at runtime? If I run into a problem, I'd like to be able to set a cvar rather than recompiling it.

r_simpleshaders 0;r_glsl 0; r_vbo 0 should effectively revert

This post has been edited by attackxie: 10 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

#10 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

View Postattackxie, on 10 August 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

r_simpleshaders 0;r_glsl 0; r_vbo 0 should effectively revert

That's correct.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942