• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4.2.010 Now LIVE! Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Spiki Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: spiki
  • Main tag: [b00bs]

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

I gotta tell you. This release got me excited.

I haven't downloaded it yet, updater running several hours already, but got the servers updated. Few b00bies and friends already got 4.2.010 and found it much better than 009, though some said there is probably bug with immediate/quick self-medic upon being hit...

The thing that makes me happy is the force color (blue/red) to teammates and opponents. I never bothered requesting the feature we've got used in q3.... Anyway, yea, this makes me happy along with other somewhat color blinded players. There's a lot more of them than what you would expect.

Hopefully I wont come back later today to bash :)
I am lucker. no skills at all. ask anyone

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt.

www.b00bs-clan.com .::. youtube.com/b00bsclan .::. [b00bs] TV / Twitch .::. twitter.com/b00bsclan @b00bsclan .::. www.b00bs-clan.com/servers 13 UrT 4.1 + 12 UrT 4.2

#12 User is offline   REDKILLA Icon

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Great job guys! This is the best update that is stable enough to replace the old 4.1 :smile:

#13 User is offline   Spiki Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: spiki
  • Main tag: [b00bs]

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Okay. Got to play it a bit and here are few issues I've noticed.

- Bullets do not leave visible enough trace on walls. Hardly noticeable, except in close proximity. Can't fix/adjust aim when you do not see where bullets end up...

- While defusing the bomb, the message "defuse xyz percent" etc has some square in the middle. Appears like "font" issue on web pages.

+

- Bouncing from walls with jump while starting close to the wall feels different than in older versions, it's like there is some "rubber" wall effect added. Not case when you run and do walljump from long distance.

- Self medic (to stop wound bleeding) after being hit does indeed look as if it takes a lot shorter time than in older versions.

- I might be wrong, and this one is really just a feeling I got, but in this version it is harder to "know" when opponent will die. Possibly due to some glitch with hits display or something (doesn't look like it displays every hit).

+

- In game server browser did not show any servers, even after few "get new list", "update", closing UrT couple times, fiddling with the filters and whatnot. After a while I gave up, but noticed it is working without any changes on my part after playing few minutes, closing and starting again.

- There is still cryptic "invalid game folder" message instead of proper and descriptive "not incompatible version" when connecting from different 4.2.x client and 4.2.x server, and also 4.2 client -> 4.1 server etc, something I've written about several times already.

This post has been edited by Spiki: 23 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

I am lucker. no skills at all. ask anyone

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt.

www.b00bs-clan.com .::. youtube.com/b00bsclan .::. [b00bs] TV / Twitch .::. twitter.com/b00bsclan @b00bsclan .::. www.b00bs-clan.com/servers 13 UrT 4.1 + 12 UrT 4.2

#14 User is offline   x3r Icon

• Account: x3r
  • Main tag: 24/7.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

This version is so smooth for me in terms of hits and player movement, thanks for all the hard work FS :>

This post has been edited by x3r: 23 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

#15 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

cowboy skins <3

and yeah walljumping feels weird sometimes.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Knightork Icon

• Account: knightork
  • Main tag: UTP|

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Sorry FS again a proof of FAIL.

First why the Hell is there an Updater if we need to Update the Updater? Then it would be much more easy to download the Files directly!

Then your Updater corrupt most of the Files. I needed 20 Trys to download the Client, not to talk about the Server Software, which also needed an update many times!

Then the Auth System isn't working anymore? So any Idea why we should update to your new "beta"? It#s even worth then 4.2.009. I realy think of delete this stupid Game cause every update has more errors then fixes for the moment and it seems Urt will stay Beta for the next 20 Years if you go on with such updates. Does anyone test your Version before Release?

I feel realy sad after so long time without update it's again a Fail. Great Work

#17 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Auth works for me.

#18 User is offline   Knightork Icon

• Account: knightork
  • Main tag: UTP|

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Ok Auth seems to be just a temporary error! Now it works again, let's see how long.

#19 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Have play around with 4.2.010 some issues I have notice:

- playing with bots: some bots are eppuiped with flash bombs now. You can
pick them up after kill these bots. But the flash bombs are not available
at the gear bar! lol
(For ALL: if you want to screw up with the new flash bombs you need to kill the bots)

- Team Survivor (And I guess also at other team games with rounds like BOMB,CFT)
When a team gets the goal there is e message (/bigtext) red ,blue, black or green
Team win (according to the colour you choose) But the sound sample always use still
"red team wins" or "bue team wins"

- Still some killing and death sequences (animations) looks strange to me.
To be honest the animations at 4.2.009 looks more nice and realistically to me
now by shooting in the front the animation looks like jumping to the sky and falling
down, at 009 the animation was more like kick backwards by hitting in the front.

- Also almost all head shots ends with a animation like breake down in the middle and
after that 1 or 2 swim moves :blink:

- Conclusion to me: Skin selection at UrT 4.2.010 rocks , death animations sucks. Want 009
animation back looks nicer to me. DE yes I know 7of9 and BK mentioned at the Release
Party shoutcast it was only a test, but now I miss the new DE skin after turning back the
old one. (Is there no way to get it back?) :unsure:

I guess there will be some more issues but after implementation of all the skins its totally
normal :)

Great Job, you on the rigth way FS. :wink:

#20 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

View Postgarcassgrinder, on 23 March 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

DE yes I know 7of9 and BK mentioned at the Release
Party shoutcast it was only a test, but now I miss the new DE skin after turning back the
old one. (Is there no way to get it back?) :unsure:

Why not give us the option in the gear menu to have it silver or black :P

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942