• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror HD Physics - Part 3

#31 User is offline   Ntr Icon

• Account: ntr

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostBarbatos, on 18 June 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

Btw, Zenity just joined the FS team as a coder for Urban Terror HD and he already started helping me with the physics. It now looks much better than in this youtube video so we'll probably do another video very soon!

Once the physics is finished will there be a pre alpha release for mappers?
We're not looking for anything we can test on servers just something awfully buggy, unfinished and with somewhat completed physics so we can test how the map feels while running and jumping through it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 12 June 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

I recorded the video using OBS which outputs really nice videos, but then when editing them using MovieMaker it just destroyed the quality.

It's a good month ago we looked around for editing software for Barbatos, but I couldn't vouch for anything for free. I just wanted to say, that as of today Hitfilm 3 Express (so the basic version) just went free.

Again, I know this is a bit out of place, but if Barbatos hasn't found anything good yet, then this should more than cover all of his needs.

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#37 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

https://kdenlive.org/

You can use it on your mac, or throw a linux partition on your desktop Mr Barbatos.

#39 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

• Account: redsnappa

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:22 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 15 June 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

We already have a few icy and jump maps for testing but the ideal is although the mapper will not be able to directly effect the player physics a physics material could be supplied as an entity that can be added to a material that changes the surface behavior using a variable(s).

By extension surface attributes can also be added like sound for example.

More or less it's the mapmaker that will decided how slippery a surface can be and not a fixed value.

You can research Unreal 4 Physics Material to get a better idea how it works.

I am glad to hear this. For icy areas, I would like to have more control than just a binary 1=icy, 0=not icy. Perhaps it could be a non-negative real variable where 0 would not be slippery, values between 0 and 1 would be somewhat slippery, 1 would be like ice in 4.x, and values greater than 1 would be super slippery.

#40 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

• Account: redsnappa

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:25 PM

I would like the ability to create a ceiling that functions like monkey bars, where a player can hang on to the ceiling, move around, and perhaps hang on with one hand while shooting a handgun or SMG with the other hand.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942