• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RC] UrT 4.3 Release Candidate 4

#2 User is offline   dynomite33 Icon

• Account: dynomite33
  • Main tag: [SQD]

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:23 PM

Weapons: New sounds for the following weapons: Magnum, Benelli, Colt 1911, FR-F1, Mac 11, P90 and PSG1

My pantaloons just got 50% tighter
IGN : Ernst

Wo ist Schmidt?

#3 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:08 PM

View PostIkslorin, on 02 February 2016 - 09:08 PM, said:

I personally have one gamebreaking bug though, that I think is too specific to my setup to be put onto GitHub. My old desktop, that I've played 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3rc2 on without any problems, isn't able to open the Quake3-UrT.exe file. Opening it actually even freezes up my File Explorer window. The MD5 checksum is correct, and my laptop has no problems starting the game.

Very interesting, after downloading RC4, the same thing happens again. We already figured out back then, that it is due to Windows Explorer freezing and not starting the game. Unlike last time though, starting the game from the command line with +logfile 1 doesn't fix it.

It is technically of no issue for me, as it works on my laptop and I'm getting the last parts for my new expensive gaming rig within the week. It is very unlikely, that the new rig will have the same issue, but I thought I might still be of interest of yours?

I'm looking forward to testing it in the next couple of days.

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 24 April 2016 - 09:08 PM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#4 User is offline   maku Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: maku
  • Main tag: PUG|

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:55 PM

Weapons: M4A1, LR300, G36 - tweaked damages (%): (Groin, Butt) from (37, 33) to (33, 31)

Looking at the groin and butt damages for the M4, LR and G36 because those are what I'm most familiar with I think they're still a bit too high. IMO the issue that came with 4.2 is that it is now too easy to kill a player who is wearing kevlar and helmet in three hits without getting a headshot which makes getting headshots a much less valuable skill. In 4.1 you are required to get a headshot to kill someone in three hits. There is helmet (51) + 2 kevlars (58) doing over 100 damage and helmet (51) + kevlar (29) + arm/leg (17 + bleed) doing 97 with bleed damage which is almost a guaranteed kill, and those are the only ways to get a 3 hit kill (double headshot is the same in 4.1 and 4.2 so doesn't need to be mentioned). In 4.2 we have 3 groins (111), 2 groins + kevlar (103), 3 butts (99 + bleeding), 2 groins + butt (107), groin + 2 butts (103), so loads of ways to get a 3 hit kill without a headshot.

With the change introduced in 4.3 rc3 these are now doing 99, 95, 93, 97 and 95, and all with bleeding I believe. While the only one that guarantees a kill is the 3 groins I think these could still be too strong and reward players for aiming at the groin area instead of the head too much. It's still much stronger than in 4.1 considering that in 4.1 all of those combinations make 87 damage with no bleeding (groin and butt used to be kevlar? or were they legs?).

I'd like to see what the general consensus is here.

This post has been edited by Maku: 24 April 2016 - 10:57 PM

#5 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:49 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 24 April 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

• Menus: gear selection menus overhaul

I like the design of those. :rolleyes: :)

View PostBarbatos, on 24 April 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

• Weapons: New sounds for the following weapons: Magnum, Benelli, Colt 1911, FR-F1, Mac 11, P90 and PSG1

hm. i like the benelli sound (really sounds like u are firing a big gun
the p90 sounds like a nailgun. kinda. more or less. its OK.
the mac11 is new.
the colt is really nice as well.
the frf1 and magnum sounds are too quiet imo. even more so if you compare it to the mac11.
and the magnum sounds like it is fired outdoors all the time if i'm not mistaken.
for the psg: i couldnt even tell if it changed. (it maybe hasnt...?)

What i noticed while testing out the sounds, is that "problem" that if you select two secondary weapons, only ut_weapselect primary aka. "5" key works to select them. this is kinda counter intuitive imo.
i think that in 4.1 you could switch between them with both keys 4 and 5, while in 4.2 this already isnt possible anymore (i think)

Oh. and i noticed that smokes are disabled on all test servers, which might not be a good idea.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   dynomite33 Icon

• Account: dynomite33
  • Main tag: [SQD]

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:12 AM

View PostIye, on 24 April 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

for the psg: i couldnt even tell if it changed. (it maybe hasnt...?)

the sound with a silencer attached to the PSG-1 is changed

IGN : Ernst

Wo ist Schmidt?

#8 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:19 AM

View PostBarbatos, on 25 April 2016 - 08:51 AM, said:

Could you please paste me your q3console.log file after trying to launch the game with +logfile 1. Also try launching the .exe in compatibility mode.

Since it is an issue with Explorer I tried your latest suggestion first. After a reinstallation of the files, I applied these three settings, and it works now.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:41 AM

Well, the game never crashed to begin with, as explorer never was able to start it. But, here is a log of starting the game with the settings that fixed it.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 25 April 2016 - 10:43 AM

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942