Is this going anywhere?

#1 User is offline   Pony Icon

• Account: pony

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

I have a hard time believing it at this point lol

#2 User is offline   Magister Icon

• Account: magister

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:52 PM

As much as I sympathize with the developers (I do very much), I also totally understand how the community wants to be reassured. They want to know that things are moving along and progress is being made. As pony succinctly put it: "Is this going anywhere?" Very important question. I'd love to see some kind of display of energy from team FS. Let us know you're there, what you're doing (or not doing, or plan to be doing in the near future, etc). How about a dev blog update? Or maybe some activity on the youtube channel? Can we see more HD videos, even if it's something we've already seen but it still looks cool in a different way?

#3 User is offline   Magister Icon

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:02 PM

And, no offense intended, but I do hope that there is some kind of strategy for marketing 4.3 when it is released. I'm talking the kind that is free except for the time and effort put into it. It's not HD, but still a fresh and shiny 4.3 is a chance to recruit new players and also to bring back some of the old players from 4.1.

#5 User is offline   Magister Icon

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:11 AM

Oh hey that is cool. I only knew of the Urban Terror Official channel on youtube with the last upload 4 months ago.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Snowball Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: snowball

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

Well, those videos doesn't particular give a good indication of what FS is busy with, does it? It's only a brief insight into some aspects.

#8 User is offline   schnork Icon

• Account: schnork
  • Main tag: [exp]

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:42 AM

Hey everyone ;)
I am sure most of us appreciate all the effort you are putting into HD in your free time! However I have to agree, that transparency from FS wasn't the best lately. I suppose that everyone who stuck around for this long to check on your updates is well aware of the way FS works. And as much as I agree with you saying the game is based upon community effort, you can't expect them to know how well you are doing with the project without telling us ;)
Also you will want to have feedback before you have put to much effort in something that the community will refuse, or dislike. Otherwise you might risk another nuclear 4.2 animation fallout.
Transparency is key for this. If you are short of developers and we don't know it's less likely someone will be able to support you.
If you are doing fine, and the community doesn't know - you will get questions like this. If you have less time to work on the game, we'd like to know. All we want is some information <3

Regards,
Schnork

#9 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:43 PM

Frankie mentioned in one of his latest videos that he had issues with the software he was recording the videos with. Taken i understood him correctly.

So the lack of updates on his side is understandable.

Other than that, check his youtube channel, he's the most active of the crew.

Anyways, schnork is right, the community would most certainly appreciate an update on all of fs' latest efforts (movement, design, etc.)

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 27 June 2016 - 05:44 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942