• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RC] UrT 4.3 Release Candidate 4

#62 User is offline   ringel Icon

• Account: ringel
  • Main tag: =SC=

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:23 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 23 June 2016 - 03:48 AM, said:

If players prefer 4.1 over 4.2-.3 then they are more than welcome to host their servers on the Q3 master server list.

This is once again a choice made server operators to either move their 4.1 server to the Q3 list or upgrade to remain with the FS list.

Funny that you say so. This is exactly what happened, the release of 4.2 was the start of the death of a very health UrT 4.1.1.
Here are the numbers of the participating teams of the Urban-Zone league by season. Clanbase, UCL, ... will draw a very similar picture:
Posted Image
Orange CTF, grey TS and blue is Bomb.
The first blue vertical line is the release of 4.2 (ctf and ts are loosing very significantly but bomb kind of makes up for it). The following two seasons are still played in 4.1.1.
The second blue vertical line marks the point where UZ choose to play 4.2.

That being said, it is of cause your right as the developers of the game, to do whatever you want, for whatever reason.
But the lesson you should have learned is: If you want this game to be actively played, listen to the community.

Some further words as a response to makeurtgreatagain:
- Servers with capacity 16+ and bots is the only reason that some players still play on public servers.
- You are right, the server list is a mess. Three important improvements should be: Filter by Ping / Region, Select Mode by Popup (not click through) and better bot recognition (at least 50% of the "players" are actually bots).

And last but not least, I really like the specs Kronik suggests for following reasons:
  • There is currently no such weapon in the game;
  • I think it it doesn't destroy the game;
  • I think it could be a viable alternative to LR / M4 play on many maps / in many situations.

This post has been edited by ringel: 24 June 2016 - 11:24 AM

#65 User is offline   ringel Icon

• Account: ringel
  • Main tag: =SC=

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:52 PM

Thank you very much for your long and honest answer.

View PostFrankie V, on 24 June 2016 - 06:48 PM, said:

Would be interested in where you get your numbers.

Any rate 4.1 was anything but healthy, which I can get into if you wish, but 4.1 was the version the most of the older players had learned a work around as to the base problem.

The numbers are directly from the urban-zone website. Tbh I don't quite get the meaning of your second sentence.

I actually being able to code, like makeurtgreatagain seams to be as well. But in the 21th century you don't work for free if the project is not open source - thats a simple fact. Maybe some base coding can be closed source for hack protection purpose, but having to sign paperwork before working for free is not anything I would discuss about.
I understand that you don't want / or can to go this direction. So all that I / other players that care / potential supporters / ... can do is to ask you to do the stuff we think the game needs. Like weapon balance, menu design, movement specs, hitboxes, server list, auth,...
And the reason why many get the impression that you actually don't listen is that the responses are most of the time: no, maybe, no time for that - If you get a answer. - And 2 months later there is a news announcing just an other game type or just another weapon coming in the new version.

I think our discussion hit a point where it is spinning circles and everybody is more or less repeating their arguments.
You don't have to reply to this post and get to do what you love - work on HD - the first videos look quite promising. Lets agree to disagree ;), if I have archived to "get into your head" and maybe startet some thought processes I am fine with it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#67 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:53 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 24 June 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

P.S.P.S

To try and solve a problem which we been rather bad at is giving credit where credit is due so I would like to personally say thanks to KroniK for solving the 44mag reload problem on his own and pushing the fix.

That's how its done buddy. :D

For those left out on this one, It was decided that the current recoil animation for the 44magnum was extremely exaggerated and not very good, so the solution was to just not have an animation. Blender still has an md3 import/export feature, so I loaded it up in blender, re-rigged the hands/gun and created a new recoil animation.

You can see the replacement here:

According to Barbatos, this new animation will be included in the 4.3.0 update.

#69 User is offline   Fragged Icon

• Account: fragged

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

Some testing on RC4..

The gear select window looks a little scaled/stretched (e.g silencer, vest, helmet, etc). Maybe it's just that it's different but that's how it looks to me. Resolution used was 1920x1080. Other than that the changes to menus I'd say look pretty clean and I like it.

The p90 seems rather nice. Good job, I'm sure this will become one of my main weapons in the future.

Some feedback on the magnum:

The animation being changed seems good as my original thought was too much recoil on the magnum.

Seems a little "mechanical" to me when firing, not sure how useful it would be against a moving target. But I had nobody to test this against so there's that.

I would normally expect a magnum to have a little shine to it, but maybe I wouldn't notice that had it been in 4.2 already.

Interesting gun anyway so just minor critique here really. Take it as you will :)

Do you have a timeline in mind for when 4.3 will go stable? Not that I'd rush anyone, just anticipating this release :)

This post has been edited by fragged: 29 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

#70 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:38 PM

The gear select window looks a little scaled/stretched

the incorrect scaling on item icons was fixed already.

The new magnum recoil looks way better than the original one. (shoutout to Kronik)
The Magnum is supposed to be something like a high risk, high reward weapon (kind of in line with the benelli and the sr8), but the recent discussion on balance changes might also affect it - assuming that a real need/reason to change anything is seen.
(For the shine: remember what happened with the "new" DE model? it generated lags...)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942