Urban Terror Forums: URTrator - Urban Terror servers browser and launcher - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

URTrator - Urban Terror servers browser and launcher Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   p0z1tr0n Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: p0z1tr0n

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:50 PM

(ah... dejavu :D)

Hello guys (and girls). I'm here to present not-so-original but indeed useful tool called URTrator. It's a servers browser and launcher, which capable to:

• Obtaining list of Urban Terror servers from master server and updating information about them.
  • Local caching of whole data (in SQLite3 database).
  • Extended Urban Terror launching capabilities (e.g. launching game in another X session). This will help users of compositing WMs (like Gnome3's one or KDE's one) to get rid of video lagging and jittering.
  • Supporting of multiple profiles with multiple game versions. When you're launching Urban Terror URTrator will check profile you're trying to use and, if version incompatability found, will not launch the game.
  • Favorites servers.
  • Updating single server.
  • Showing information about servers and additional CVars.
  • Watching clipboard for connect strings (like "/connect server.com;password 123123" or just "connect server.com").

This tool is written in Go and GTK+2 and tested everywhere (Linux, Windows, macOS). Builds for all systems available here: https://github.com/p...trator/releases
Some picz available here: https://github.com/p...doc/screenshots and https://urtrator.pzt...ame/screenshots
This tool is in early development stage, so expect bugs and crashes :) But any help is appreciated! File bugreports, feature requests and share ideas! But before don't forget to take a look at list of planning features: https://github.com/pztrn/urtrator (just scroll down, right under screenshot).

Warning for calculator users: there is NO 32bit builds and probably they never will be available, until someone will go and fix 3 of dependencies that fails to build in 32bit. I don't think it will be me. Maybe you? :)

This post has been edited by p0z1tr0n: 22 November 2016 - 01:39 AM

#2 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:42 AM

Thanks p0ztrn ;)

#3 User is offline   p0z1tr0n Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:15 PM

Mac users should use this release, which contains important profiles and game launching fixes: https://github.com/p...ag/v0.1.0-beta2

#4 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

Very nice ;) Liked its predecessor very much ;)

#5 User is offline   p0z1tr0n Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:44 PM

View PostYAY5637, on 10 October 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

Very nice ;) Liked its predecessor very much ;)

Well, my variant will have much more functionality than urtconnector :) Take a look at "planning" on Github ;)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   p0z1tr0n Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:30 PM

macOS and Windows users, if you pissed of with "native" gtk looking, you should update to https://github.com/p...tag/0.1.0-beta3, which introduces (more or less) proper gtk and theming bundling. On macOS theme called "Clearlooks Brave" will be used, because there is no good OS-X-Like theme around (point me to a good variant if I'm wrong please). Windows version resembles native windows looking :).

#7 User is offline   Pilou42 Icon

• Account: pilou42

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:19 PM

Thank you for this tool.
I could open issues in tracker but it's quite possible you aware of this, so I prefer to use the forum:
- Compared to in-game browser, refresh is way longer: in official exe, when clicking "refresh", it refreshes instantly, especially favorites list (in 1ms).

- When you click on column title to "sort" players number (DESCending), 9 is before 31. Small bug, but prefer to report, because it can be confusing.

- Need filtering. Quite sure it is planned, but we need filter like "game mode" (checkbox ?)

- "Hide offline servers" needs to be in a "filtering" bar, instead of a column (seems obvious, but maybe it's only for me that he is misplaced).

#8 User is offline   p0z1tr0n Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:34 PM

1. It is threading issues. I'm experimenting with valid number of simultaneous requests, I hope I'll found a good value for everyone. And yes, ingame browser using streams to delived data to servers lists (or at least I think so), and URTrator now updates everything at one action.

2. Yes, sorting is a problem, It will be fixed until 0.1.0 release.

3 and 4. About filtering bar - place where "Hide offline servers" will be this bar, and it will be hideable. There is only no button here to hide/show it.

Note: source code is open, everyone is welcome to help :)

#9 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:52 PM

Your launcher has been added to the open source tools list.

#10 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: drunkrabbit
  • Main tag: |RFA|

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:49 PM

Does not open or work for me in OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan)

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942