Urban Terror Forums: Urban Terror 4.3.4 Release Candidate 1 - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.3.4 Release Candidate 1

#3 User is offline   bArgh Icon

• Account: bargh

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:10 PM

First, the good news, TB still works, tried it on bots. ;)

Tried playing on all four servers. Had a problem only with the Paris CTF server. After clicking on connect I was presented with a message saying "Client/Server game mismatch: Your game is not up to date! Please run UrTUpdater or get the latest release...". My game browser was showing version 4.3.4-RC in the bottom right corner. Another thing, after that message the game browser listed all servers that usually show in 4.3.3 version. Before the message there were only 4 test servers in the list.

With my ping of around 350ms on the test servers I didn't notice any unusual lag (for the ping). Netgraph looked stable. Maximum number of players on any server was 5-6, mostly bots and myself. Maybe that's why the lag wasn't bad. Hits were OK, slightly delayed (my ping). Didn't spend too much time playing, but so far the RC version seems OK.

It would be interesting to see what happens on full servers and with some human players with variations in pings. I guess once the news of the RC version spreads around.

Thanks FS.

PS Running it on Linux.

#5 User is offline   Achsenknopf.--- Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: achsenknopf
  • Main tag: nxu|

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:18 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 08 June 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

Whoops, the Paris CTF server is a config issue, Gost0r was made aware of it and will fix it ASAP.

Thank you for your feedback!

so what was this issue? we cant test rc1. connecting with rc1 client says 'server/client mismatch'.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Achsenknopf.--- Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: achsenknopf
  • Main tag: nxu|

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:47 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 10 June 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

As I said in the post you quoted, this was a config issue on the server side, which was fixed on Friday evening AFAIK. This server is now working as expected!

nvm, thx for putting server binary in it

This post has been edited by Achsenknopf.---: 10 June 2018 - 07:27 PM

#9 User is offline   TheRealFubar Icon

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:52 PM

Thanks Barbatos!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942