Urban Terror Forums: The Game and Community are done unless you address cheating. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Game and Community are done unless you address cheating. Rate Topic: *---- 1 Votes

#11 User is offline   Totalnoob Icon

• Account: totalnoob

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:01 AM

There are probably a lot more cheaters than people think. A good player with a wallhack and aimbot are not provable as cheaters because they know not to obviously track players through walls and they keep the LOA setting on the aimbot low so it only takes over in the last couple of degrees, but you still can tell they know where everyone is, and they still make amazing spinning head shots, you just can't prove it.

And most admins don't care.

#12 User is offline   Torrential Icon

Posted 19 December 2020 - 05:55 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 14 August 2020 - 02:44 AM, said:

Well as an update we are doing something about cheaters. We are working on UrT5 and will let Valve handle the cheaters. ;)

I saw this in the news post and it concerns me. Is UrT5 going to be exclusive to Steam ?

#13 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 19 December 2020 - 12:03 PM

View PostTorrential, on 19 December 2020 - 05:55 AM, said:

I saw this in the news post and it concerns me. Is UrT5 going to be exclusive to Steam ?

Yes. I do not know whether there are plans to release a non steam version. Considering the game is going to use a lot of steam features it may not be possible, but that is speculation on my part.

Personally i would like a non steam version (though i do use steam on a daily basis), simply on principle. You were always able to play UrT by just downloading it and hopping onto a server, no hoops attached. I do see that the features steam provides (master servers, distribution, friends list, AC, ...) probably outweight such idealist concerns as they are rather niche.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#14 User is offline   Torrential Icon

Posted 19 December 2020 - 11:00 PM

View PostIye, on 19 December 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

Yes. I do not know whether there are plans to release a non steam version. Considering the game is going to use a lot of steam features it may not be possible

Thanks for the clarification, even if it did suck out all the hype I had about UrT5. I'm the opposite of you, I don't have Steam and have no intentions of installing it. That's unfortunate for those like me, but I'm sure Steam will offer much more opportunities for income than I ever did over the years.

I appreciate your responding, even if it was to deliver bad new for me.

#15 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 20 December 2020 - 01:25 AM

View PostTorrential, on 19 December 2020 - 11:00 PM, said:

I'm sure Steam will offer much more opportunities for income than I ever did over the years.

Its not as much about revenue/money, but about features that the developers can just use and dont have to do themselfs, such as authentication, updates, ...

As I said, personally i would still have preferred a non steam version to exist, even if I would probably play on steam. I dont think it has been ruled out yet, but i also dont have any insight on that.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Hiimdash Icon

• Account: hiimdash

Posted 03 January 2021 - 05:10 AM

Lel. The "community" has been done for like 8 years. There's also maybe at most 30-50 active players online whenever I play. Not even close to the majority of them are cheating.

People have been playing URT since 'Nam. It's way more likely you're just bad.

#17 User is offline   Snowball Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: snowball

Posted 03 January 2021 - 08:09 PM

What’s up with the negativity?

There might be cheaters, but the community isn’t done yet and everyone is looking forward to Resurgence.

#18 User is offline   meho Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: meho
  • Main tag: Fun*T|

Posted 07 January 2021 - 11:31 PM

View PostSnowball, on 03 January 2021 - 08:09 PM, said:

What’s up with the negativity?

There might be cheaters, but the community isn’t done yet and everyone is looking forward to Resurgence.

This. I can't wait to see what UrT 5 is gonna be like tbh.

#19 User is offline   PureFilth Icon

• Account: purefilth
  • Main tag: [#!]

Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:13 AM

Cheating has always been a big problem, although I cant image there are many left cheating now since there are so few players left anyway so what's the point?.

I'm glad there were soo many cheaters back in the day though, it's what really made me take a shot at jumps/icy and its pretty much the only reason I continued playing the game after 2010.

#20 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:35 PM

I myself got a Steam account for 12 years, but I also would like non steam version.
To depend only on valve's service might not be the best solution long term.
Yet for a starter, it is better if you want to make faster&release your game.

HOWEVER there might not be steam around when Urban Terror HD is ready...

Another concern is that gamedevs are forced (or at least back in the day they were) to use steam features like incoming microphone sound is on by default and of course EVERY SECOND 5YO CHILD FEELS OBLIGATED TO SHOUT SOME RANDOM SHITand there is either no menu option to turn it off or it is wellhidden.
And if that is easily solved by muting the sound there are other issues as well...

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942