Urban Terror Forums: I'm Looking at You - Crosshairs and Weapon Spread - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I'm Looking at You - Crosshairs and Weapon Spread

HappyDay's Blog #008

#12 User is offline   412wonder Icon

• Account: 412wonder

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:47 PM

nice work!

been playing for many years now..
but..

for the love of beer please give the fr-f1 some love.. its outclassed by sr-8 and psg-1 .. i know fr-f1 has better aim time.. and nice bleed.. but its the wrong choice for any sniper.. even if you further doubled bleed it would barley just be good enough to be a viable sniper over its competition. man it needs some help bad.

the other guns are all great in unique ways..

such a great game

This post has been edited by 412wonder: 10 July 2018 - 12:53 PM

#13 User is offline   ti6 Icon

•   former FS member   
    2D Artist
  • Account: ti6
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:18 PM

Thx HappyD, that was a great / interesting update!

#14 User is offline   deltawhite Icon

• Account: deltawhite

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:04 AM

Bullet Spread, Weapon Recoil and all weapon related things are one of the main aspects of this game (4.x) , is not perfect, may be arcadeish, but its rewarding and 10 million times better than any other shooter, especially CS in wich you have to learn stupid repetitive patterns and aim to the floor (WTF)

Even people not familiarized with Urt, the first thing they notice is the weapon spread, recoil etc, and they like it.

If you gonna change all this "Core Gameplay" things...

Godspeed to you my friend.
Godspeed.

This post has been edited by deltawhite: 22 July 2018 - 02:05 AM

#15 User is offline   Critofur Icon

• Account: critofur

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:59 PM

Hmm, OK, but, it's so frustrating when a game has an AR which is less accurate (more "bullet spread") than even a snub nosed pistol is in real life.

Yes, UrT has been my favorite FPS and the gunplay is pretty good - it can just get really frustrating sometimes when bullets don't go where you point, or you get "ghost bullets" where you know it should have hit, but just doesn't count because of the enemy player exploiting some weakness in the netcode by simply "wiggling".

For a while there was a setting allowed "/SNAPS 60" I think? Which greatly improved hit detection vs "high ping bastards". I don't know what exactly "SNAPS" is, or why it was so much better at that higher setting, but, I would like to know what it is and why that made such an improvement, and, why you won't allow server admins to optionally allow it to be turned back up, instead of locked to it's (apparently) low, and seemingly inferior setting?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:06 PM

There were huge desync/lag issues with unlocked/higher sv_snaps, (which incidentally didnt come up in testing), making the game basically "unplayable" (most certainly un-enjoyable). While it greatly helped when those issues didnt pop up, it basically wasnt worth the trade-off. Hence it was locked to the classic 20 again. The problem basically comes down to there not being a way to actually prevent those issues (apart from manually locking out half the playerbase of a server maybe).

All of this is irrelevant to UrT: Resurgence though, since that runs on a different engine, will most likely employ client side hit detection and so on.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#17 User is offline   jr2 Icon

• Account: jr2

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:53 PM

Mmm... any love for crosshairs that are lower-half? Basically a "T"? It seems more like iron sights, must be why I like it. Anyways, just a thought.

#19 User is offline   Aspeedcuber Icon

• Account: aspeedcuber

Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:55 PM

Can you please change the P90 crosshairs, it is actually a very accurate SMG but on auto the crosshairs make it look as accurate as a ingram.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942