Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My message to the developers

#1 User is offline   Kyren Icon

• Account: kyren

Posted 05 July 2019 - 02:46 AM

Hello!

I really wanted to see if I could directly contact the developers of the game as I feel that I owe them this message after many years of me having played their game completely for free. I feel that this is the least I can do to give something back.

I was reading a topic that our fellow user scylk created talking about the potential plans and ambitions that this team has in relation to the development of Resurgence (link to the topic - https://www.urbanter...for-resurgence/ )

He was kind and it seemed that he was trying to be honest and give his honest constructive criticism but I wanted to add another layer to this as I feel that Frozen Sand throughout the years has often got a lot of stick and not enough credit for what they've done.

I'm 21, soon to be 22 years of age, so maybe my opinion matters very little but I first downloaded this game back in 2008/2009 if I'm not mistaken, and I used to play it on public servers and only a few years after did I learn about the competitive scene of the game and I started to have a lot more fun with that. I haven't been active on the game in recent years but I still hop in the game every now and then and I've had the game installed on every computer I've had ever since.

I really am eternally grateful for all the memories and all the years of fun you have provided me, some of my friends I've introduced the game to and everyone else around the community. This is no word of a lie, I have not had as much fun playing a game as I had with Urban Terror, and most of it is because this is one of the last remaining games on the internet that actually has that oldschool gaming feel to it. If there's anywhere else on the internet where you can get a game that has been running for 2 decades that has NEVER forced or even asked anyone for a single penny or that hasn't tried to manipulate their consumers, let me know, because what I see everywhere else is the very opposite of this.

My issue is not that people try to question your motives and your ambitions for the future, but that they try to impose their ideas and try to tell you guys how you should manage your company and this game.

Whatever you guys decide to do from here on out, I'm completely on board and fully support you. Not always is money and popularity the answer to everything and it seems to me that it's not your priority, and that you guys simply love this project and want to have fun doing it, and that you want to give the players a good time and not try to scam them or anything of the kind, which is what is happening in so many games out there with dumb lootboxes and algorithms that are designed to manipulate a player into spending more money on the game. What you guys have done and continue to do beyond awesome and I haven't seen anything like this elsewhere. More power to you guys and continue doing what you do, the way you want to do it, because there's not only nothing wrong with what you're doing but also, as I've said before, you have provided countless and countless hours of entertainment for so many people, in exchange for absolutely nothing. I am very honestly beyond grateful for this and will never stop checking on how you guys are doing and I will always have a soft spot for this game and its developers because you guys rock and I don't think you get enough recognition for this.

The people from this community often don't realize how lucky they were to have played a game like this in this era of gaming and a lot of the times all I see are people who are extremely selfish acting like they're outraged because of how long it's taking you to release resurgence and constantly demanding things from you guys, even though almost none of these people have ever donated to you or even ever thanked you for what you've done for them.

You guys are a group of developers who I know love this project and some of you have dedicated many years of your life to work on this as a hobby, simply because you love the challenge and because it's fun for you, and you've done it in exchange for nothing from the community. I really cannot express how amazing this is and how thankful I am for this. I've said it many times but it's not enough.

I wish every single one of you guys the best of luck with the development and I wish that you achieve what you desire and that you guys have a lot of fun along the way. It's been a hell of a ride for me as well, my favorite game of all time without a doubt. I'm not as interested in gaming in general since I've changed a bit over the years and I don't have as much free time as I used to but I will continue to have this game on every god damn computer I'll ever have in the future until the rest of my days, even if it is only to occasionally load up a jump map and have a bit of fun or hop on a public server for a few minutes. The awesome thing about this game is that it's like riding a bike, I've had long periods in which I didn't even load up the game, but when I do, the movement feels like second nature to me. Nothing else I've ever played feels as special and as satisfying as the movement in this game. I'll be in my 60's or 70's and I promise I'll still know how to complete jump maps and whatnot, just watch.

Once again, thank you guys for everything, what you guys have done won't be forgotten and I'm certain a lot more people feel the same way.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942