• LocationCorvallis, Oregon

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

Okay, I found some distro specific info... </hijack>

#12 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

Just some info I have. If you don't install a mouse driver, the default windows xp mouse item in the control panel will let you enable/disable 'Enhance mouse pointer precision'. This is acceleration! If this is enabled, when using non direct-input (ie in_mouse -1), your mouse will then be accelerated in-game too. Even when cl_mouseaccel (cvar) is set to 0. So make sure to disable it (if you dont want acceleration).

With the logitech driver, you can also set mouse-acceleration. If you enable it, it will be forced in-game too, no matter your in_mouse setting. There's a box to disable acceleration in games. However, sometimes ioUrbanTerror might not be recognized as a 'game'. So better fully disable it there.

I'm not sure wether the reg-fix nexu posted overwrites windows/logitech settings. I guess it does, untill you re-open the logitech/defaultmouse control panel item.

#13 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:13 PM

Well... fuck is all I can say. I followed the instructions I found and now my keyboard and mouse don't work at all. Even if I boot up into recovery mode. I wasn't even trying anything crazy like 1000mhz, just 500mhz. I guess I'll have to see if I can find one of my oldschool keyboards to get in and fix it so I can use my pc again!

#14 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

I suspect you entered some invalid value. Someone else just has the same :P

#15 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:28 PM

Oddly enough, I unplugged and replugged the mouse and it seemed to be working fine. Keyboard and mouse started working again.

I just tried it out in-game and I've got to say HOLY CRAP! What an amazing difference! I had been thinking lately that the feet on my mouse were getting sticky because of the slight weirdness of my mouse movements. Apparently this is exactly what I needed to do. I can't describe how awesome this is. Now, when I first started playing about a year ago I probably couldn't have told the diff.

Thanks a ton Nexu!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   J0e Icon

• Account: j0e

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:46 PM

the drivers that come with the logitech g series allow you to change mouse acceleration however the usb polling looks interesting.  i wonder if my refresh rate is low, and usb polling is high, with a p4 3.2 processor if it would affect the 'smoothness' of the game

#17 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

It doesn't work for me. Something about not having the right usbport.sys and not finding a valid sequence. HmHm... Maybe cause I'm on a RC of sp3.

#18 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

Why would logitech not know all that and wait for Nexu to show us. It's all a sham I tell ya, all a sham.

#19 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:12 PM

Why would logitech not know all that and wait for Nexu to show us. It's all a sham I tell ya, all a sham.

Hah.. It works, for me at least. I no longer have that "sticky" feeling.. and I was about to order some useless new mouse skates...

#20 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

I run vista. The probability of touching anything like that and having a hard disk explode is high.

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942