• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ETUT.....does it get any better? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

• LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:37 AM

/bowing

we're not worthy......we're scum.......we suck!

God I cant wait to see the ET port

#2 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:03 AM

yeah, me either.

whats up man =D

#3 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:09 AM

Im just kicking *ss and taking names man. I can't say what I'm doing, but you can bet its the shiznet.

As for ET, I will be finishing airport. I have been working on it an hour a night, its not the 4-5 hours a night I gave crenshaw and streets2, but you still bet its gunna kick some serious butt.

#4 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:18 AM

Hey |NV|S! How's it going mate? :)

#5 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:57 PM

its going pretty good, Im all moved to to LA now, started my new job and getting settled. Working on AIRPORT at least an hour a night, and hopefully I can get that puppy ready for a test spin soon.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:08 AM

Hey |NV|S good to see you. Can't wait to see your new map, I'm sure it's top notch as usual.

#7 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 08 April 2004 - 02:11 AM

Looking forward to Airport man... Show us some screenies as soon as you can!

#8 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands.

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:52 AM

Wow good to hear from you |NV|S :D , if you need any testers for airport PICK ME PICK ME! 8)

Good to hear your doing good and got a job at the collective. (yes I keep an eye on your site every now and then :>)

#9 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:48 AM

[quote name='"|NV|S"]its going pretty good' date=' Im all moved to to LA now, started my new job and getting settled. Working on AIRPORT at least an hour a night, and hopefully I can get that puppy ready for a test spin soon.[/quote']

Dude, congrats!

It's great to see someone from the ut (urt sounds so gay, sorry) community that's paid their dues land a paying gig from something thats actually kinda fun. A shame you never really got the credit you deserverd for your contributions (streets could not have been saved even by the hand of God, but you knew that back when you were working on it, hehehe), but hey, in a way you got paid the ultimate credit, a paying job for something that started as a hobby. What's better than that?

I'd think that would give any mapper worth their salt something to think about.

Also cool to see you're working on a map for etut, I'm sure it will be as professionally done as your past levels have been. Whether people liked streets2/crenshaw or not, they can't deny the fact that they are made by a person that knows what they are doing and how to work with the engine they are doing it in. And Shminky's Rooftop owns ;)

#10 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

Posted 09 April 2004 - 07:16 AM

yeah, streets was a no win situation. I did the best I could with it. Sexied it up a bit, removed the tilted roofs and dropaway skybox that was in effect, gay. You couldnt remove snipers behind that roof because the nades would roll off into the skybox. gay, gay, gay. I also took away all the Mr Peepers SR8 spots also.

Crenshaw was a "proof of concept" map just to see if I could make an entire theme map by myself without help. It was going to be practice for Airport which was supposed to be my swan song, needless to say I got burned out on the Q3 community and Q3 mapping.

I think that ET is going to give me that challenge that i was looking for.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942