• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

FPS drops at CTF Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   ph3n0m Icon

• Account: ph3n0m

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

Regardless of your PC specs and urban terror/video card settings, some maps have small bugs, such as filtration and mandolin for example, so that when you look in the direction of one of these buggy objects it causes fps lag, even if you look in that direction from across the other side of the map, you cant see the object obviously, there may be 5+ walls between you and the object, but looking in its direction will cause bad fps drop, even on a dual-cpu ddr3 6-core system with 12gb ram and 2x $800 video cards in sli/crossfire this will still happen, but be less pronounced.

This can/will be worse the more players that are in the game, but try and load your own map with only you in it and you will see it still happens. There is no cure for this other than the map being updated. Generally though, the flag in urban terror is buggy and requires higher PC specs than black ops does, to render at a solid-ish framerate. These issues wil be fixed in urban terror HD, along with numerous other bugs.

You could upgrade your computer and/or tweak urban terror/many windows and video card settings to minimise this fps lag or simply cap your maxfpsfps to roughly whatever your fps drops to. You could also try changing the polygon related settings in your config, but be careful with these settngs as some maps, such as mandolin or hallow will crash at loading with the wrong values.

Some of these texture/polygon related bugs are not CTF specific and still occur in TS/BOMB/FFA modes

CTF mode in urban terror is buggy at the best of times, as seen in every urt ctf server in the world, so youlll just have to get used to it for now im afraid.

Im guessing about 2 years til urt HD is released, based on current rate of progress and the amount of work to do and difficulty involved.

#12 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:50 AM

View Postph3n0m, on 20 December 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

Regardless of your PC specs and urban terror/video card settings, some maps have small bugs, such as filtration and mandolin for example, so that when you look in the direction of one of these buggy objects it causes fps lag, even if you look in that direction from across the other side of the map, you cant see the object obviously, there may be 5+ walls between you and the object, but looking in its direction will cause bad fps drop, even on a dual-cpu ddr3 6-core system with 12gb ram and 2x $800 video cards in sli/crossfire this will still happen, but be less pronounced.

This can/will be worse the more players that are in the game, but try and load your own map with only you in it and you will see it still happens. There is no cure for this other than the map being updated. Generally though, the flag in urban terror is buggy and requires higher PC specs than black ops does, to render at a solid-ish framerate. These issues wil be fixed in urban terror HD, along with numerous other bugs.

You could upgrade your computer and/or tweak urban terror/many windows and video card settings to minimise this fps lag or simply cap your maxfpsfps to roughly whatever your fps drops to. You could also try changing the polygon related settings in your config, but be careful with these settngs as some maps, such as mandolin or hallow will crash at loading with the wrong values.

Some of these texture/polygon related bugs are not CTF specific and still occur in TS/BOMB/FFA modes

CTF mode in urban terror is buggy at the best of times, as seen in every urt ctf server in the world, so youlll just have to get used to it for now im afraid.

Im guessing about 2 years til urt HD is released, based on current rate of progress and the amount of work to do and difficulty involved.

first off since this is your first post on these forums we shall give you the benefit of the doubt that you may not understand how the forums work..

You have replied to a thread that is almost 3 years old now, at which point the original poster probably already has a solution, or figured a way to live with the original problem.

Secondly you do not need anything near the spec you suggest to play CTF.

I have played maps such as mandolin at 125FPS solid with no dips on a pc with a single graphics card and a single processor. I run my game on high settings (check my config if you want to know how high) but suffice to say I run this game on:

1920x1200 resolution
8x Anti-Aliasing
8x Anisotropic Filtering
4x Anti-Aliasing Super Sample
Uncompressed textures

This game runs perfectly smooth on 32 player servers whilst running CTF (my favourite gametype). So I can honestly say that what you require to play this game at high settings and smooth gameplay is nowhere near as bad as you suggest, I am not saying there is no bugs, nor am I saying there isn't any performance dropped due to these bugs, however they simply are not as bad as you make them out to be.

P.S. due to the nature of the way this game works for textures and models etc, you may notice a performance increase by removing certain custom maps and generally keeping your maps directory clean of unneeded maps.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942